How do you secure your PC

call me dumb but i don't use anything. Never have had alot of issues w/ viruses or the like. It seems like i end up with one every 6-9 mo. and by that time i've usually made enough of a mess of my system to warrant a xp reinstall. works out pretty well for me lol.

Once my system was attached by a virus i felt helpless as i do not have much technical know-how. But a friend of mine told me about an iYogi Technician how resolved my issue.

I use a firewalled router, and AVG, and i've been virus free for 7 years.
A client of mine had a pc with no AV on it and started experiencing lag after a scan it revealed nearly a million viruses onboard. Bad times.

I use multi-router firewalls, on my Vista machine I use Adware, and Avast (the combination for me has kept my windows machines virus and spyware free for about 6 or 7 years now), on my Linux machine I use SELinux, Avast, and firewall, plus sometimes I use IpTables...

Ouch, way to much protection. Remember that if your behind a NAT router, be it from your ISP or just a generic router ie; dlink of linksys thats a firewall in its self. Other than that i dont use anything, no anit-virus or anti malware

Interesting, not a single instance of CA...

Dell Desktop: Symantec Corporate Edition, Spybot, Windows Defender and Firewall, Router Firewall

Laptop: Same as above, but it's dead, so it won't be getting a virus ever again!

Linux Desktop: common sense

Back
Top Bottom