? about audio driver problem and formatting drive

elijablu2009

Beta member
ECS 945P/PL-A 1.X custom built computer
the multimedia audio controller driver somehow uninstalled itself??? i needa fix this so i can get sound
i was using 3.1 bose before on this and it worked perfectly. dont have the speakers no more and i was tryin to use these lil walkman speakers and system information says the driver isn't installed so wt happened and how can i fix this?

also i was thinking of re/formatting this computer because its 1.8ghz and 1gig memory only using 6% of 120g drive yet its slow. but i dont have the windows disc for this computer nor does it have a secondary drive so can i still do this without the disc and secondary drive? is it even necessary?

If you are going to format and reinstall you need a windows disc. There is software you can get to extract the OEM number from your windows installation then you can borrow someone else's windows (I'm assuming XP) disc and install it using your OEM number.

Drivers don't just uninstall themselves. The bose speakers you had, were they digital speakers? Maybe the drivers for the analog connector were never installed to begin with?

well im not sure so do i need to buy a sound card? i dont think so cause the bose worked perfectly fine...
i found a site called fixya and someone had a link to a driver download for the ecs 945p/pl-a but after installation it said cant' find agp product so it didnt work lol im vry confused on this... the back of the computer doesnt have a regular audio connection it has 3 holes each diff. colors...
where on my computer i just have one hole?
btw im tryin to fix my uncles comp. whoever put this thing together i believe is retarted. no windows disc????? no secondary drive????? now im havin problems with audio and speed?? lol should've just bought a hp or compaq like mine

Back
Top Bottom