PC Voip setups?

Does anyone here have a VOIP account anywhere? I'm going to college online and I've got team projects with members spread out across the US.

My cell doesn't get very good service in my house so I was thinking about setting up a VOIP account if the price is right. Calls over my landline across the country will add up fast.

Just looking for suggestions on hardware and software. I'm thinking Skype but is there a better client? Would I be better off to just get one of those landline style VOIP phones that connect to my router via ethernet?

If you are looking for something free I have used Peerme or like you suggested skype is also a good one

Thanks for the response but I got everything taken care of.

I'm using Fringe on my iPhone with a Skype Unlimited US calling plan to dial out for $2.95 a month unlimited. That's a pretty good freaking deal.

I did a test call a few minutes ago and the voice quality seems pretty decent.

that is a good deal, which provider do you go through?

I ended up with Skype. Here is a list of their subscription packages.

http://www.skype.com/allfeatures/subscriptions/#uscaSubscriptionTab

The program I'm using on my phone is called fringe. I just enter my account info in then use that dialer to dial out through skype. Since my account info is entered now when I launch the app it automatically logs me into my skype account. Plus fringe syncs all your contacts into that app for easy dialing also.

I figured this was the easiest solution since I've already got the phone so I wouldn't have to worry about getting any PC stuff plus I'll be able to use it throughout my house and outside since its connected via Wifi.

Back
Top Bottom