Install question

Here I use several larger drives with one set aside for the primary storage device the others will tend to see two OSs each. Some of that is due to beta testing 7 32 and 64bit as well as having XP and Vista on the system.

Not really. If you ever have a problem and have to reinstall the OS, your going to have to reinstall your programs too. I typically have a download folder on the second partition (D) that I d/l all my stuff into. When you run program installers, they will install to the C: drive from wherever you downloaded them to.

Well, since I don't download any games or play any, as soon as I get any personal movies I burn them to DVD and all my music is on CD's, I guess my set up is find the way it is. I have win 7 on one sata HD and Vista and XP on different partitions on the other sata HD.

I just wish my 6' usb cable would come so I can image my PC so I then can partition and format 3 different partitions and then re-install all 3 OS's and hoping it won't take 4 minutes to boot up anymore.

When cloning any version of Windows to an external usb drive expect it to take longer then simply multibooting off of internal drives rather the wait through the usb bus. Plus the boot configuration there becomes too fragile to begin with.

I removed the drive out of the external usb enclosure here when needing an extra internal drive to end up seeing...

Back
Top Bottom