Alternatives to Soldering?

:eek: I can't believe it you didn't know especially with your knowlege of video game consoles. Oh well.

Well, there are a difference between knowledge, and experience of a subject. :D

I'll think about getting an soldering kit, it seems like it would be $20+ just to increase the range of this thing.

Trust me. Soldering will be very helpful in the near future for you or anyone on the CF. Its great for electronics mods and repairs. I don't regret buying my iron that was for one tiny project but I used it 10 times for other stuff during the first week of use. You Will <3 it in a short amount of time. Look for some soldering tuts on youtube.

Trust me. Soldering will be very helpful in the near future for you or anyone on the CF. Its great for electronics mods and repairs. I don't regret buying my iron that was for one tiny project but I used it 10 times for other stuff during the first week of use. You Will <3 it in a short amount of time. Look for some soldering tuts on youtube.

Excaclt,i only used it to de solder something,now i use it when i mod something :)

A soldering iron, a good quality screwdriver kit, a hot glue gun and a dremel, there my desktop tools for modding.

SolderTechniqes.jpg

okay, so I think I am about to go get an soldering thing, iron, insulated wire, and an antenna.

How hard do you think it will be to do this?
http://www.instructables.com/id/EV0LTUJ8W9EWZMHWJL/
Video -
Starts at about 3:50 to see the insides

Pretty much, it seems like I cut the blue wire under the "ANT", and then solder an new wire on the right side of the black inductor box.
Also, how would I attach the antenna to it?

Depending how big it is, it shouldn't be to hard but I would recomend practing soldering on some old boards. Also you need to e-mail this guy about this project so you dont have any unfortunate mess-ups.

Back
Top Bottom