Audio driver

Slickster89

Baseband Member
when i start downloading the new driver for my VIA high definition audio card i get a blue screen and when the computer boots up again i have no sound and the icon in the bottom corner says audio output device is installed. could someone tell me why this is happening

Just downloading it from a site you mean, you get a blue screen?

Does this happen when downloading anything else from a online source? Or is it just that site and that file in particular?

It won't be anything to do with your sound drivers though, if its doing it whilst downloading only.

Try downloading from a different source. If you give us your motherboard specs, we can find the right driver from somewhere else.

Does this happen when downloading anything else from a online source? Or is it just that site and that file in particular?

It won't be anything to do with your sound drivers though, if its doing it whilst downloading only.

Try downloading from a different source. If you give us your motherboard specs, we can find the right driver from somewhere else.

my motherboard is an asus m2n68. i downloaded other drivers from the site, it seems to be just this one. im using drivermax if you know it.
thanks for help:)

anywhere else i can get this? btw the reason im updating is coz a game keeps stuttering when i have sound effects turned on. i asked the support site and they said to download new drivers. i found a thread on it on a forum for the game and other people said it might be a codec conflict and one guy fixed it by formating his computer and installing the drivers that came with the mobo. if it is a codec conflict do i have to do this?

A codec conflict? I'm not sure, but the sound drivers should be 100% compatable with the sound chip, and so this shouldn't occur.

What game is it? Maybe there are patches for it?

Most peoples suggestions are to reformat and start over, but thats not exactly the best news to give is it...

Back
Top Bottom