Need Some Help..

bvans

Beta member
Hey guys,
so about 6 months ago my soundcard went out, my dad found a computer in the garbage.. someone had everything all disconnected and whatnot.
He brought it to me, I put in the soundcard from that computer, it was great, not sure what brand or anything...

couple weeks that computer completely died, i dont know how or why, but it wont turn on, so ive been using a different computer.

but recently ive been thinking about having my friend try fix it, whos really technical and has helped me with my problems before...
i went through the computer my dad found in the garbage and pulled out some stuff, heres some pictures of what i got out
could i install these into my other computer once i get it fixed? would they be any good..
if the computers fixed im doing a system restore
im going to be using the computer to continue making my own music (recording through a guitar pod) and using "Drumkit From Hell".. itunes, etc..

16ta87.jpg

2wdsen9.jpg

2ajbapw.jpg

2wd60p5.jpg

nfr0nm.jpg

Thats a lot of SDRAM there.

Together with a Radeon 9500 Pro Graphics card.

The RAM will only work if the computer you want to use them in has SDRAM slots. The thing is since SDRAM theres been DDR1, DDR2 and now DDR3. So there might be a slight chance that the RAM won't fit in your 'new' set up. It's kinda old skool.

The graphics will only fit an AGP X8 slot. There using PCIe slots now.

Let us know what motherboard you want to use.

im not exactly sure?
the computer is a Emachines T2885 if that helps, just a cheap PC..
nothings been replaced on it except the soundcard

The RAM should work. But, your motherboard can only go to a maximum of 1GB. That computer wouldn't really make a good recording machine. Editing takes up a good amount of resources and needs some computer horsepower.

im not exactly sure?
the computer is a Emachines T2885 if that helps, just a cheap PC..
nothings been replaced on it except the soundcard

Ok.

The RAM you got here wont fit in the eMachines. I'm not sure about the graphics card.

And the eMachines will be fine as a recorder and editing. It's when you start to process the audio tracks with lots effects processors and plug ins that you will need to, maybe, consider upgrading if you run out of resources, mainly due to the lack of RAM in most cases.

Consider a bigger, faster spinning-high cache, hard drive if your multi-tracking at highish sample rates.

EDIT:

Overlooked the 4th pic. The RAM in the top of the 4th pic is DDR.

Back
Top Bottom