Monitor Upgrade Suggestions

cavemangrinder

Fully Optimized
Hey guys, I haven't been on CF in a looong time, too much WoW lol. Anyway, I am really thinking about finally upgrading my crt 17" monitor with my income tax refund and I was wondering if any of you guys had any suggestions or recommend anything in particular. What I'm looking for is a monitor that is 24" basically to play games, movies, photoshop. Price range is anything under $500.
This is what I've had my eyes set on for the longest time HP monitor. What do you guys think?

That looks quite nice. Not sure on HP and the quality of the panels though, but that resolution is nice. Shame that its still 16:10 though, as you'll have more borders while playing most HD content. Most monitors supporting the full HD res have 16:9 now...

Still.... thats very cheap... too cheap...

I'm pretty sure you can get HDMI to DVI convertors though if need be

That looks quite nice. Not sure on HP and the quality of the panels though, but that resolution is nice. Shame that its still 16:10 though, as you'll have more borders while playing most HD content. Most monitors supporting the full HD res have 16:9 now...

Still.... thats very cheap... too cheap...

So does the 16:10 ratio mean I would have bars on the sides or top and bottom of the screen?

If you were watching films on the monitor, and wanted to keep the same aspect ratio that the director intended, with no stretching, then yes, you'd have more black bars on the top and bottom than you would on a 16:9 monitor.

Games better support 16:10 now, but for instance, the Xbox 360 still doesn't natively support 16:10 without black bars if you ever wanted to run it in VGA mode.

In the Windows environment though, where 16:10 is supported, all would be fine.

Back
Top Bottom