Fans momentarily spin, but no power.

How far along does the computer get in th boot process with the second drive installed?

Is this with the PSU that doesn't work with the 4-pin connector plugged in? If it is, I'd say it was a power supply issue.

Weird problem, but it must be something to do with that one drive. It can't be anything else. Try using a different power connector to that hard drive from the PSU itself, and also try exchanging the SATA lead if you have a spare coming from the motherboard.
That is honestly all I can think of.

How far along does the computer get in th boot process with the second drive installed?

Is this with the PSU that doesn't work with the 4-pin connector plugged in? If it is, I'd say it was a power supply issue.

The lights come on, but I don't receive any picture on the monitor. With the first drive plugged in, everything works but the OS won't load because that drive is configured on a RAID 0.

Did you push in in really hard? I had to with my new PSU

Yes, I tried that.

Weird problem, but it must be something to do with that one drive. It can't be anything else. Try using a different power connector to that hard drive from the PSU itself, and also try exchanging the SATA lead if you have a spare coming from the motherboard.
That is honestly all I can think of.

I've tried 2 different power cables and both the SATA power slots on my PSU. There are no screws or anything shorting out the motherboard.

Will the coputer post with just the second drive attached?

I know it doesn't have an OS, but if the drive is good, the computer should at least post with it connected. If it doesn't, you have a bad drive.

That's what I'm using right now. You just plugged the SATA power cables in directly?

I had the molex-sata adapter plugged into a molex plug, then the adapter was plugged into the hard drive until my friend made me look like an idiot when he plugged it in without the adapter and it worked.

Back
Top Bottom