dead computer

newtda3103

Solid State Member
hello all,

My brother has a dell dimension 5100 he was on the net reading on espn.com the site froze up. He did the alt+cntrl+delete task manager come up nothing happened from there so he hit the power button to turn the computer back on nothing came back on. He has a samsun syncmater 923nw for the monitor he said the power light on that is suppose to blue and now it just flashes blue.Any help would be nice

Thanks
Dan

Could you give us some more symptoms? Are the fans spinning? Lights turn on? Beep at startup?

This happened to me about a month ago. Turns out my Opteron 165 gave up.

And after replacing the CPU i'm up and running again.

Do you get any beeps on start up?

EDIT:

Beat me to it :p

Could you give us some more symptoms? Are the fans spinning? Lights turn on? Beep at startup?

he gets nothing at all no fans running the only light on is the green light inside for the power supply I think.

Has he shut down the computer completely for a few minutes, then rebooted?

The computer is dead, he did shut it down and when pushes the power button the computer doesnt come on.

Perhaps somewhere between the power supply & the motherboard something went wrong, try opening it up, take out all the cables, clean 'em & put them back. his happened with me, half the cables in my machine were unplugged after I moved house. (You also might want to take this opurtunity to clean the whole system from the inside.)

Back
Top Bottom