Memory for an

nesto1000

Baseband Member
Memory for an ASUS Motherboard

Hello everyone,
I am building a new computer but i am not sure on what type of memory to put on it.
These are the specs of the memory on the motherboard

Memory:
- 4 x DIMM, Max. 16 GB, DDR2 1200(O.C.)/1066/800/667 ECC,Non-ECC,Un-buffered Memory
- Dual Channel memory architecture

Edit: Darn i forgot to fix the title and now i cant change it

Anything DDR2 667-1066 will work. You can use up to 1200 if you overclock your system.

I would go with the 1066 if it is the same price as the 800 or even a few dollars more. I personally have G.skill (2 x 2gb) 1066 with a similar board and it runs very smooth. The only thing is you may have to change a couple settings to actually run the ram at 1066 some boards auto set it to 800 but its real easy to adjust it to run at stated speeds.

It really depends on which CPU you are going to use. One of the new Phenom II processors would do well with DDR2 1066, otherwise, DDR2 800 would be just fine.

It really depends on which CPU you are going to use. One of the new Phenom II processors would do well with DDR2 1066, otherwise, DDR2 800 would be just fine.
AMD Phenom X4 9650 2.3GHz Socket AM2+ Quad-Core 65nm Processor HD9650WCGHBOX, 3600MHz HyperTransport

Its not Phenom II though...

Yea, the DDR2 1066 would be a better match. The X4 Phenom will be much happier with the added memory bandwidth over the DDR2 800.

Ah ok thank you very much Atomic Rooster... but also... ECC or Non-ECC andUn-buffered or buffered?

Non-ECC.

ECC and buffered are pretty much the same thing. They are used for server systems and are usually incompatible with most standard computer systems.

Back
Top Bottom