Eh big upgrade questions

I'm going to move all my computer related posts to this thread

its out of order but o well

Yay! I'm glad you still put on the MX-2 :D

The only things I suggest messing with in BIOS right now are making sure that floppy is disabled, that HDD is your primary boot, then DVD second (just speeds things up, just remember to flip them if you ever need to install from boot), and then manually set your mem. timings and speed.

ok

good thing i have my motherboard book right here

how come i cant rate my system? it says cpu and memory is 5.9 but my over all score is 1.0 i clicked refresh score but it wont do it primary hard disk s 5.7 and graphics and gaming graphics is 1.0 even though i have a 9800Gt 512mb installed with the latest drivers

Have you got Sp1 and all the updates for Vista?

not yet but im working on it :)

sorry for all the questions

Yeah as soon as you update vista it will allow you to refresh the score and it should be changed...:D:D

i got the thing to score my computers its a 5.7 everything else is a 5.9 my hard drives are what the lowest score is.....a 5.7

this computer is kinda making me mad but maybe is set something up wrong

im sorry im so dumb but idk what to set in my bios and idk what to set it as

my internet likes to disconnect a lot while on this pc im using a netgear pci card to connect to the internet ive never had any problems with it, the icon in the tray will show im connected to my wireless but if i go in firefox it wont connect and i cant load pages....
i know its not the router or modem because if I go on a pc downstairs the internet works fine and the pci card is properly inserted into the slot

also in my motherboard book it says connect a northbridge fan header whats that? i think i plugged my 120mm fan into that

how come every time i open my case the pc restarts?

i'm sorry for all the questions and i'm sorry for my dumbness i'm downloading and installing all the windows updates, i don't have viruses,
my device manager doesnt show any problems

idk what im doing wrong

sorry and thanks

Um nate the internet issue still sounds like a card issue. Have you reseated it in the PCI slot?

And the restart thing may be cause by having chassis intrusion on in the BIOS...check that out...probably under "security" or something in the bios.

ok thanks

yes ive reseated it i just removed everything inside the case including the cu n recleaned it as well as the heatsink

uyeah posting from new setup!!!!!!!

i got home n immediately toor open the processor box n slapped it in the mobo then took some rubbing alcohol n cleaned off the bottom of the heatsink n then put some mx-2 on the processor then put the heatsink on,Took a few minutes but i got it on i slapped in the new 120MM fan which glows red it looks sweet in my case then i plugged everything in!!!! and it started up fine teh first time i formatted my hard drive and installed vista and everything seems to be fine, I didnt really mess with the bios settings idk if i should or not probably not! lol I finally got windows activated i installed my video card drivers and netgear pci wirelss card drivers and btw device manager shows all green like nothing wrong with any hardware no yellow exclamation points everything seems fine to me :) thanks!!!

will post more later i guess

HPIM1591.jpg

-
HPIM1592.jpg

-
HPIM1593.jpg

-
HPIM1594.jpg

-
HPIM1595.jpg

crysis benchmark

!TimeDemo Run 2 Finished.
Play Time: 75.12s, Average FPS: 26.62
Min FPS: 15.77 at frame 139, Max FPS: 32.73 at frame 989
Average Tri/Sec: -20207922, Tri/Frame: -759030
Recorded/Played Tris ratio: -1.21
TimeDemo Play Ended, (3 Runs Performed)

3/19/2009 12:39:55 PM - Vista
Beginning Run #1 on Map-island, Demo-benchmark_gpu
DX10 1280x1024, AA=No AA, Vsync=Disabled, 32 bit test, FullScreen
Demo Loops=3, Time Of Day=12
Global Game Quality: VeryHigh

Completed All Tests

<><><><><><><><><><><><><>>--SUMMARY--<<><><><><><><><><><><><><>

3/19/2009 12:39:55 PM - Vista

Run #1- DX10 1280x1024 AA=No AA, 32 bit test, Quality: VeryHigh

sorry for the millions of posts but i really want the EVGA GTX 260 so i re did the step up!!!
the email i got back said that they have received my request for the step up

im going to get this psu

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817341010

im dumb hopefully it has the 4 pin plug in, Like i know the big one is 20+4 but their is another one that it only 4 pins that i plug in to hopefully this psu has it probably

this is the gtx 260!
http://www.evga.com/products/moreInfo.asp?pn=896-P3-1255-AR&family=GeForce GTX 200 Series Family

Bump

sorry for the millions of posts but i really want the EVGA GTX 260 so i re did the step up!!!
the email i got back said that they have received my request for the step up

im going to get this psu will it work and fit?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16817341010

im dumb hopefully it has the 4 pin plug in, Like i know the big one is 20+4 but their is another one that it only 4 pins that i plug in to hopefully this psu has it probably

this is the gtx 260!
http://www.evga.com/products/moreInf...eries Family

GTa iv benchmark

Statistics
Average FPS: 47.69
Duration: 37.12 sec
CPU Usage: 82%
System memory usage: 75%
Video memory usage: 90%

Graphics Settings
Video Mode: 1280 x 1024 (60 Hz)
Texture Quality: Medium
Texture Filter Quality: High
View Distance: 25
Detail Distance: 37

Hardware
Microsoft® Windows Vista" Ultimate
Service Pack 1
Video Adapter: NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GT
Video Driver version: 182.08
Audio Adapter: Speakers (Realtek High Definition Audio)
AMD Phenom(tm) 9950 Quad-Core Processor
File ID: Benchmark.cli

3dmark 06
Benchmark.jpg

Back
Top Bottom