I gotta screaming monitor here!

Ludichris1

Baseband Member
I've been having a problem with my monitor and I've finally decided to seek a solution! Ok here's the problem: I had gotten a COMPAQ Presario SR1103WM, along with the keyboard, mouse, and monitor. At the top of the monitor it says COMPAQ 7600. I don't know that much about them but I'm guessing that's the monitor model number or whatever. Anyway, I had gotten it in 2004, and about two years later I have a problem. If the monitor is left on a long time (I've figured 5 hours) it starts making this weird high-pitched sound. Not from the speakers, but the monitor. I can't make heads or tails of it, but that real high-pitched sound is driving me nuts! Please help me with this problem. :(

-Ludichris1

Sounds like it may a problem with the power inverter. The only thing you can really do is replace the monitor. You could have it checked out and repaired by a technician, but that would probably cost as much as a new monitor.

Sounds like it may a problem with the power inverter. The only thing you can really do is replace the monitor. You could have it checked out and repaired by a technician, but that would probably cost as much as a new monitor.

yeah it most likely IS the power inverter, a simple fix to this though is just shutting off the monitor then turning it back on..just the monitor, not your computer..because when the power inverter is going out, it makes a very very high pitched noise, higher than the human ears can hear, but that noise starts to radiate off of internal monitor components..ie metal objects and making the sound audible...if it continues you really should get it checked out by a technician

yeah it most likely IS the power inverter, a simple fix to this though is just shutting off the monitor then turning it back on..just the monitor, not your computer..because when the power inverter is going out, it makes a very very high pitched noise, higher than the human ears can hear, but that noise starts to radiate off of internal monitor components..ie metal objects and making the sound audible...if it continues you really should get it checked out by a technician

There was a monitor at school that was doing what he described, and your solution worked for it. Just turn it off and back on when it starts to do it.

There was a monitor at school that was doing what he described, and your solution worked for it. Just turn it off and back on when it starts to do it.

well sometimes I turn it off and on, but the noise continues; even leaving it off for a minute. I already knew about this solution though. Anyway, is a power inverter a cable or hardware or something? Could I replace it with a new one?

It's an internal component which takes the power input from the wall and conditions it to make it ready for the monitor to run on (in lay terms)

well get the new monitor first...there about 190 dollars, ask for some help from your parents..you cant have a computer without a monitor :)

Back
Top Bottom