Car Thread!

Good luck. Saving money is hard, but those E46's are sweet. A lot of people don't like the metallic noise they make when you do exhaust on them, but I think it sounds pretty good.

Good luck. Saving money is hard, but those E46's are sweet. A lot of people don't like the metallic noise they make when you do exhaust on them, but I think it sounds pretty good.
There are always people like that... I try to see the reasoning behind everything people do to cars. Some people don't see the point of those "trucked out" civics... I do, they handle great, and with a turbo, can get pretty fast. Some people hate the idea of lowering a truck... In most driving cases, it's 10x more practical then lifting it. Better mileage, better handling, and looks good too. I couldn't even get my friend to see the point of putting a manual tranny in a truck the other day... He thought it was the stupidest thing he had ever heard of...

Those HIDs will look good in your car I think.

Do you mean "tricked out"? I don't like the hate either, but w/e. Drive what you like and do what you want to it. No point in making it into what someone else wants it to be.

Half the time I don't even talk to people about cars unless they're on the same page as me.

I hope the HID's look good too. I went with 4300K bulbs since that's what will give me the most usable light.

That's what I say, Drive what you like and do what you want.
Yeah, I meant "tricked out" lol, two things going through my head at once.

4300k will look cool. As the number gets lower, it gets a whiter color right? Those will almost be a little yellow I think right? I saw one guy had the highest they went, like 36k, lol, blue truck with purple headlights. It was... and ebay purchase, haha.

Lower is yellow.

3000K-yellow
4300K-white with a little yellow
5000K-completely white
6000K-starting to get blue
8000K-blue

Anything higher gets into purples, pink, and other useless colors lol. 4300K is best for light output. Cars that have HID's from the factory have 4300K HID's.

Yep. Audi and BMW use 4300K for all their Xenon HID headlights. It's usually the best output for maximum clarity and visibility.

Anything higher than 6,000K is just useless unless you're just trying to show off.

Back
Top Bottom