OSX on Windows best method?

I'm just curious if anyone has tried to do it? I know I've seen some articles regarding it but I don't recall anyone ever doing it.

I'm thinking about learning how to develop iPhone applications and to my understanding you need a mac to do it. I really don't feel like spending close to 3K just to develop.

Whats the best way to do OSX through windows?

Honestly, just buy a Mac if you want to use Mac OS 10. The Mac Mini is a great way to try out Mac OS. You can get a decent one on eBay if you look hard enough.

I tried it a while back, it was interesting, but I think they didn't have support for my wireless card, so I never used it much.

All the info you'll need is on this site:
http://wiki.osx86project.org/wiki/index.php/Main_Page

You can get the patched ISO for it off torrents.

Ya I was checking out the Wiki on it. I don't really need internet support but it would be nice. As long as I can download the stuff via windows and transfer over I'll be cool.

Is the ISO you tried OSX86 10.5.6 or which build did you use? The only one in the Wiki that matches my board is 10.5.2 but its just possible they never tested the latest edition on it. ISO at 4.3GB sound right?

ugh i tryed on my laptop, tryed fora bout a week constant trial and error..gott amake sure EVERYTHING is compatible first..my laptop wouldnt work :(

im pretty sure theres a home brew community for it (for supporting hardware)
if i find the link ill post it up

I would say I agree, go buy something like a Mac Mini or something cheap. Could probably get an older one fairly cheap...

Hmm...seems like 10.5.5 is the most supported one right now, I'd go with that. This article seems pretty good:
http://tgrounds.blogspot.com/2008/10/osx-leopard-1055-on-pc.html

PM sent with torrent link as well.

Thanks for that link I'm downloading the version iDeneb_1.4_OSx86_10.5.6 final right now. If it doesn't work I'll probably try out your link.

I would say I agree, go buy something like a Mac Mini or something cheap. Could probably get an older one fairly cheap...

I've started looking around and if I buy a Mac I'm getting a laptop so I was looking at the Mac Book Pro. I just want to fiddle with the software first and see how hard it will be to develop on.

Back
Top Bottom