Connectin the internetz

ScopeDuhDope

Solid State Member
Ok i have a computer downstairs and a computer upstairs (mine).Well i want to connect my computer to the internet from my phone line. How do i do this and tell me exactly how. Because i really need this comp going, plus im gonna trick it out. Ad info- My router and modem are downstairs, i cant drill a hole through the ground. Or do i have to get a wireless PCI thing?

If you decide to plug your internet into the phone line, Every time your on the phone. Your internet goes out. As AR Said. If your router is wireless, A PCI Wireless card is suggested.

are you talking about the comp in your sig?

LOL I hope not unless he plans on using Netscape 1.0 on a dial up...

Or maybe he has what I do...older computers that still work in the house for nostalgic reasons. I have an IBM XT still working(I played Pirates of the Barbary Coast on 5.25 the other day!) and its in my basement, and also I have a 386 V-Tech computer in one of my rooms...ah memories...

LOL I hope not unless he plans on using Netscape 1.0 on a dial up...

Or maybe he has what I do...older computers that still work in the house for nostalgic reasons. I have an IBM XT still working(I played Pirates of the Barbary Coast on 5.25 the other day!) and its in my basement, and also I have a 386 V-Tech computer in one of my rooms...ah memories...

That would work fine. But if it doesn't have any PCI slots (like my grandparents', he would have to enable USB in the BIOS and use a USB wireless card. I recently had to replace the battery in that one, and it was soldered onto the board.

Back
Top Bottom