cgerm20

Solid State Member
Processor:
AMD phenom Quad Core processor 9150e 1.80 GHz

RAM:
7 Gig DDR2 kingston valueram with highest speed

Video Card:
GeForce 9600GT
512MB GDDR3 memory; PCI Express x16 interface; dual-link DVI-I, VGA and HDTV outputs; Forceware drivers

Hard Drive:
500 gb
Extra Hard Drive:
Internal seagate
500 gb

HP
64 bit operating system
windows vista home premium
19" moniter(hp)

One other thing I would like to ask is "From when I first bought the computer I have added the 500gb seagate, 3 gigs of ram, and the graphics card to make the computer into what it is now.... now my question is; is there any precautions I should approach with overheating or any others I might run into with the new hardware upgrade?

How many fans do you have in the case to keep it cool? Ensure you have at least two fans - one at the front of the case sucking air in to the case AND one at the back of the case to suck the hot air out of the case. Also a side fan to suck the air coming from the CPU cooler would be a good idea.

What sort of CPU cooler do you have? Ensure you invets in a decent one.

After investing in fans what would be a major upgrade to the computer for the money, that would be compatible with the computer that is.

and markhare you said to have one in the front blowing in and one in the back blowing out, question: wouldnt that cause a lot of dust buildup?

sorry, Im the newb of all newbs

I dont know, it depends on who you are selling it to.
I would only pay about $400, the HP brought the price down, 7GB is useless for me, the processor seems pretty weak, the graphics card is not that great, and HP monitors arent that great IMO, but thats me.

Processor:
AMD phenom Quad Core processor 9150e 1.80 GHz

RAM:
7 Gig DDR2 kingston valueram with highest speed

Video Card:
GeForce 9600GT
512MB GDDR3 memory; PCI Express x16 interface; dual-link DVI-I, VGA and HDTV outputs; Forceware drivers

Hard Drive:
500 gb
Extra Hard Drive:
Internal seagate
500 gb

HP
64 bit operating system
windows vista home premium
19" moniter(hp)

One other thing I would like to ask is "From when I first bought the computer I have added the 500gb seagate, 3 gigs of ram, and the graphics card to make the computer into what it is now.... now my question is; is there any precautions I should approach with overheating or any others I might run into with the new hardware upgrade?

your hardware upgrades should have little to no bearing on your system's cooling...

Thanks for all the help, like I said Im the newb of all newbs when it comes to the stuff, but anyways......wolvarine I dont know what kinda of computer you have but that thing sounds like you can control a jet with that fly over my front yard and drop a missile. How much have you invested in that?

I really don't see any problems with heat from adding the new components. As long as you have some decent airflow through the case, you should be fine.

I was going to move this to the For Sale / Trade forum, but this is more of a hardware related question.

Welcome to the forum cgerm20. :D

Back
Top Bottom