Overclocking.. 790gx paired with kuma

Don't use the ASUS onboard temp reader. It's crap IMHO...I have an ASUS and won't sue PCProbe that's on it. I will only use Real Temp. So check that out and then tell us what your temps are. Also...stock cooler? or aftermarket?

real temp says it doesnt support my cpu. Hw monitor gave me a 44C idle 54C load.

And now if i try to set the multiplyer any higher my computer just restarts during a stress test. No warnings No bsod... do i need to bump up my voltages or what?

And now if i try to set the multiplyer any higher my computer just restarts during a stress test. No warnings No bsod... do i need to bump up my voltages or what?
A system will usually BSOD when stability is lost. What PSU do you have?

i found out it was my ram that was failing. This is all stock by the way, but i do have 4 fans in my case. two 90mm on the side and 2 120mm one in the front and one on the rear.

So instead of rasing the bus clock im sticking to the cpu multi. i got my multiplyer to 15.5x (3110mhz) and i did a prime95 large ffts test and i got a fatal error after 3 hours and 15 minutes. My temps were fine though: 57C avg cpu load 47C avg mobo load. Do you think if i lower my HT to 1.6 that i could get some stabilty or will that not matter

EDIT:
is there any other way i can set up my fans? i was thinking about put one in my external bays. the fan on my side panel i think does nothing because my 120mm moves alot of air.. so any air that side fan brings in, my 120 brings right out.

Back
Top Bottom