Solid State Disks

elpea117

Baseband Member
I was thinking about replacing my main SATA hardrive with a solid state hard drive. what i want to know is, is it worth it? I was considering buying a 128Gb for about 300 bucks, if you have your operating system on that drive will it make a 300 dollar difference? thats what i want to know.

Really don't think its worth it for a five second increase on your comp. You will see a difference but it isn't worth the three hundred

I was thinking about replacing my main SATA hardrive with a solid state hard drive. what i want to know is, is it worth it?
Not at 300 bucks. Wait till the price comes down.

I was considering buying a 128Gb for about 300 bucks, if you have your operating system on that drive will it make a 300 dollar difference?
It won't make 300 dollor difference. But you will get slightly better loading times.

You could just put a few drivers in RAID 0. Or, RAID 0+1 if you have enough. SSD are nice but just a bit too expensive for their prices.

Solid state hard drives are really designed for heavy photoshop or video editing software use, you won't see that much difference having your operating system on solid state hard drive because only parts of your operating system needs to be used at once, and required parts can be put on your system memory as/before required.

Back
Top Bottom