Strange Issue - Windows reporting only 500MB free on C:\

LambOfGod

Fully Optimized
Hey,

have a look at these screen shots...

Trying to free up space on the 40GB drive, user has about 8GB of personal files...

The rest is supposedly in C:\Windows

(Ran diskcleanup/ccleaner, turned off Sys restore)

Ran CHKDSK /F ; Defraged ;

Ran Full AVG scans; Ran Full Adaware Scans

Went through Add/Remove programs and cleaned anything un-needed out (largest program installed was office pro 2003)

searched for files larger than 150MB and it returned 1 outlook .pst file

Still digging, helps appreciated

I usually delete the User Folder it doesn't delete it totally but it delete's anything that's not Forbidden.

Under C, Documents and settings then it says users. Delete that, I do it and i've had no problems so far... but it's on your own risk.

your first screenshot shows ~4Gb in the Windows directory, you might want to search other locations...

your first screenshot shows ~4Gb in the Windows directory, you might want to search other locations...

Look closer at the Screen Shots

the 2nd one I am selecting the windows directory and its showing its 39GB in size

the 1st one I am inside that directory and have selected every file including the hidden ones and its showing they = 4GB...

Thats not right...

(silvrsentinel Try turning off system restore and then performing a defrag.)

I have turned off Sys restore, there is only 1% free space on this system as far as defrag goes...

Look closer at the Screen Shots

the 2nd one I am selecting the windows directory and its showing its 39GB in size

the 1st one I am inside that directory and have selected every file including the hidden ones and its showing they = 4GB...

Thats not right...

(silvrsentinel Try turning off system restore and then performing a defrag.)

I have turned off Sys restore, there is only 1% free space on this system as far as defrag goes...

this is a silly question, don't take offense, but have you emptied the recycle bin...?

Back
Top Bottom