New Build - Rate? - Suggestions?

1900x1200. Thinking of buying a 30", In that setup I'll have Dual 24" And Jarl... The 4780 For 190$ Is GDDR5.... 1GB

Damn straight! As we all know multiple gpu's don't increase fps that much they just increase the minimum fps. But if you want to get 2 cards by all means man! 2 cards are also useful for high res monitors or dual monitors.

1900x1200. Thinking of buying a 30", In that setup I'll have Dual 24" And Jarl... The 4780 For 190$ Is GDDR5.... 1GB

Oh yeah I forgot! Thanks for the clarification.

Thanks for the clarification Jake. I guess that GDDR5 doesn't come cheap. And yes two 4870's will run any game at max settings with a high average fps!

polar-bear-face-palm_thumbnail1.jpg

Worship,

Do you think this is a good build? I think I may stick with just one 4870 For Now. And buy another one if I think Im able to get more performance out of it.

Just noticed something, the PII 940 is AM2+, meaning it only has a DDR2 memory controller, AM3 boards are DDR3. AM3 CPUs have both a DDR2 and DDR3 memory controller, and can be used in AM2+ boards, but not the other way around. Best AM3 CPU at the moment is the 720 X3 BE. A 3.2GHz 955 X4 is due soon.

Hmmm.... So when will the 955 be coming out? how soon? Cause I'd be willing to start buying part's and buy the mobo / cpu last...

Back
Top Bottom