Q6600 & ?

Any of the P35, P45, X38 or X48 chipset boards will run a Q6600

SLi is Nvidia cards in a multi card configuration, Crossfire is AMD/ATi cards in a multi card configuration, i.e. more than one video card

DDR2 is the older standard for memory, DDR3 is the newer faster/larger capacity standard for memory.

EDIT: I looked at your link, nvidia chipsets (as opposed to the Intel ones I listed above) are required for multi nvidia card setups (SLi) unless you go to the new X58 chipset which some boards offer both SLi and Crossfire support on the same board, otherwise it is Crossfire for AMD/ATi cards only and SLi for nvidia cards only, i.e. you can't run nvidia cards in Crossfire of AMD/ATi cards in SLi.

You can however run single nvidia cards on Crossfire boards and I'm pretty sure you can run single AMD/ATi cards on SLi boards.

whats a good mother board for the Q6600? and wats the SLI and Cross fire?
this any good? and whats the difference from DDR2 & DDR3 RAM?
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813188033

depends on your budget, as mentioned the X58 chipset offers a lot of flexibility with video cards but it also costs much more than a lot of other capable chipsets (P35, P45, etc.), unless you're gonna SLI or Xfire high end video cards it's usually better to just go with the best single card solution you can afford, DDR2 is still pretty much the standard, but DDR3 is definitely the future with almost all of the newer motherboards using DDR3 exclusively...

around 1k or maybe a lil more..
my main problem is i keep changing my mind on what i cpu i want. i did want the Q6600 then i deicde on the i7 920.

are you asking about the Q6600 because you already have it?

also is this budget for "everything" monitor, keyboard, mouse or just the tower because you can build a Sweet Phenom II tower that will outperform the Q6600 system especially with a 1k budget...:D:D

Ok then is there a reason why you selected the Q6600 or does it not really matter to you as long as its a quad core?

Have you looked at the AMD Phenom II 920 and 940 BE?

What would you be using this rig for?
Where are you located? (country)
Do you have anything you can reuse? HDD, optical drives, case, PSU, or is this total budget?

Back
Top Bottom