Car Thread!

Yeah, my dad's gonna drive it. The weirdest thing is that I found it on the Audizine classifieds, which is a huge community...and the guy lives in the same exact town as I do.

I'd be so happy if we could work that out though. The B5 S4 is sweet, and there are so many mods for it it's unbelievable.

Oh nice. Not a fan of the B5 A/S4's, but Audi has always made good engines and they have a good aftermarket...market (sounds weird).

So I got an offer today for a 5.0. Out of a Mustang GT with 55k miles. Comes with engine, T-5 tranny, all electronics, bbk cold air intake, bbk headers, and bbk pulleys. All for $750. That would be everything except a radiator to get that engine running... I don't have that kind of cash on me right now though... It is a lot up front, but it would probably be cheaper then buying all the stuff seperate. I dont know if those headers would even fit in my ranger, so I may have to sell those off anyway. And I would be selling my 4.0, auto tranny, and some wiring.

Sleeper.jpg

True Definition of a sleeper....

Damn, $750 for a complete swap. If I wanted to SRT-swap my car, it would be a few thousand dollars lol.

those headers will not fit the ranger. Ive read several times that they drop the collector right into the engine mount (dont have any personal experience with v8 swap rangers). $750 is a fair deal if the engine is in a-ok operation. Dont worry about the rad, your 4.0L rad will cool sufficiently for everday cruising. Start workin it and she may get warm. My 351w stang had the stock 4banger rad in it, never got hot on me. You may want to get a little cooler t-stat if the needle reads noticeably higher than with the 4.0L. Mess with that then if you cant get it to drop, its time for a new rad.

Nice. I think I'm done modifying my E36. Time to save up for an M3 or M Coupe. :)

I keep telling myself that, but it never works. I kinda want to save for a E36 M3, but I'm not sure. I do know that whatever I get next can't be FWD.

those headers will not fit the ranger. Ive read several times that they drop the collector right into the engine mount (dont have any personal experience with v8 swap rangers). $750 is a fair deal if the engine is in a-ok operation. Dont worry about the rad, your 4.0L rad will cool sufficiently for everday cruising. Start workin it and she may get warm. My 351w stang had the stock 4banger rad in it, never got hot on me. You may want to get a little cooler t-stat if the needle reads noticeably higher than with the 4.0L. Mess with that then if you cant get it to drop, its time for a new rad.
I figured they wouldn't fit. I will have to sell them and get some tr-y headers.

I heard since the ranger radiator is only 2 core, I would need a bigger one from an X or something. As well as an E-fan since the mechanical fan interferes with the water pump.

yeah, but remember here that you have a guage to monitor engine temp. The engine isnt going to overheat and blow a head gasket on fire up. Like I said my old stang had a stock 4 banger 2 core rad. I could get it warm, and if i wasnt paying attention I couldve got it to overheat....but that was driving like a madman.

I keep telling myself that, but it never works. I kinda want to save for a E36 M3, but I'm not sure. I do know that whatever I get next can't be FWD.

Ugh. I WILL own a BMW someday if it's the last thing I do before I die. I have always wanted one, and will probably always want one. They are just sleek and sexy, but powerful at the same time. Something about them just makes them some of the best cars in the world. :D

Back
Top Bottom