case needed 2

justinups

In Runtime
first off thanks guys for getting my thred closed. and nothing has been siad about me getting payed. i was asked to get a fairly good video card one with dual ports.

the case they said they wanted usbs on the top so when people like missionarys come in town the usbs are easley reacheable.

i have about 200$ left in the budget so if you think of any good parts to add the please do so. see my other post to see what i have in the build now.

this case good for you?
CM 690
Or am I missing what you are asking?

and you havent found an video card yet, correct?

mainly for presantition. that first case is what i am lookinf ro noy i ust need a good video card with dual ports they want dual moniters.

first off thanks guys for getting my thred closed. and nothing has been siad about me getting payed. i was asked to get a fairly good video card one with dual ports.

the case they said they wanted usbs on the top so when people like missionarys come in town the usbs are easley reacheable.

i have about 200$ left in the budget so if you think of any good parts to add the please do so. see my other post to see what i have in the build now.

If you are looking for easy access, can't front USB ports suffice? Cases with that option are common-place and cheap.

If you are looking for easy access, can't front USB ports suffice? Cases with that option are common-place and cheap.

yep, as long as the usbs are on the top of the front panel it should be just about the same, if the OP agrees, then an Antec 300 should be fine, it would probably be about $80 shipped, if the usb ports absolutely have to be on top the CM Mystique which I linked earlier would probably be about $95 shipped...

also, you say you're not getting paid...? then how are you making a "profit"...? this was your exact quote "im not going to tell them to go to wallmart because i am making profit out of this.", to each his own, but if you offered to build this computer at cost by volunteering your time and effort for your church then you shouldn't be trying to make a profit, but if you were up front and told them that you would build it and they offered fair compensation for your time and effort then you just picked a poor choice of words by saying profit...

also, you say you're not getting paid...? then how are you making a "profit"...? this was your exact quote "im not going to tell them to go to wallmart because i am making profit out of this.", to each his own, but if you offered to build this computer at cost by volunteering your time and effort for your church then you shouldn't be trying to make a profit, but if you were up front and told them that you would build it and they offered fair compensation for your time and effort then you just picked a poor choice of words by saying profit...

Agreed. I like to help people out, but the OP has probably gotten all of mine for this thread because of his motives for this project. I'm sorry, I'm not trying to be rude, but I just can't stand people who try and rip off a church or organization like that. Again, maybe you just worded it wrong, but I don't think so.

there are other way of nmaking profit. the experince i gain should be enouf but if they offer money im not going to turn it down.

heres the curent setup

mobo

model
Brand JetWay
Model JHA07-ULTRA-LF
Supported CPU
CPU Socket Type AM2+/AM2
CPU Type Phenom FX / Phenom / Athlon 64 FX / Athlon 64 X2
FSB 2600MHz Hyper Transport (5200 MT/s)
Chipsets
North Bridge AMD 790GX
South Bridge AMD SB750
Memory
Number of Memory Slots 4×240pin
Memory Standard DDR2 1066
Maximum Memory Supported 8GB
Channel Supported Dual Channel
Expansion Slots
PCI Express 2.0 x16 2 x PCI Express 2.0 x16 slots by 8-LANE
PCI Express x1 2
PCI Slots 2
Storage Devices
PATA 1 x ATA100 2 Dev. Max
SATA 3Gb/s 6
SATA RAID 0/1/5/10
Onboard Video
Onboard Video Chipset ATI Radeon HD 3300
Onboard Audio
Audio Chipset Realtek ALC888
Audio Channels 8 Channels
Onboard LAN
LAN Chipset Realtek RTL8111CVC
Max LAN Speed 10/100/1000Mbps
Rear Panel Ports
PS/2 2
Video Ports D-Sub + DVI
HDMI 1 x HDMI
USB 4 x USB 2.0
eSATA 1 x eSATA 3Gb/s
Audio Ports 6 Ports
Onboard USB
Onboard USB 4 x USB 2.0/1.1 headers for 8 USB 2.0/1.1 ports
Physical Spec
Form Factor ATX
Power Pin 24 Pin

cpu

Brand AMD
Processors Type Desktop
Series Phenom X4
Model HD985ZXAJ4BGH
CPU Socket Type
CPU Socket Type Socket AM2+
Tech Spec
Multi-Core Quad-Core
Name Phenom 9850
Operating Frequency 2.5GHz
Hyper Transports 4000MHz
L2 Cache 4 x 512KB
L3 Cache 2MB
Manufacturing Tech 65 nm
64 bit Support Yes
Hyper-Transport Support Yes
Virtualization Technology Support Yes
Multimedia Instruction MMX, SSE, SSE2, SSE3, SSE4a,3DNOW! Professional
Voltage 1.05V-1.3V
Thermal Power 125W
Cooling Device Cooling device not included - Processor Only

ram

Brand OCZ
Model OCZ2G10664GK
Type 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM
Tech Spec
Capacity 4GB (2 x 2GB)
Speed DDR2 1066 (PC2 8500)
Cas Latency 5
Timing 5-6-6-18
Voltage 2.1V
Heat Spreader Yes
Features 2.15V EVP
Recommend Use High Performance or Gaming Memory

power source

Model
Brand Thermaltake
Model W0070RUC
Series TR2
Spec
Type ATX12V
Maximum Power 430W
Fans 2
PFC No
Main Connector 20+4Pin
+12V Rails Single
PCI-E Connectors 1 x 6Pin
CrossFire No
SLI No
Modular No
Hold-up Time 16ms min.
Efficiency > = 65%
Over Voltage Protection +5V trip point < +7.0V, +3.3V trip point < +4.5V, +12V trip point < +15.6V
Input Voltage 115/ 230 V
Input Frequency Range 47 - 63 Hz
Input Current 9A @ 115V, 5A @ 230V
Output +3.3V@20A, +5V@30A, +12V@18A, -5V@0.5A, -12V@0.8A, +5VSB@2A
Features
Connectors 1 x Main connector (20+4Pin)
1 x 12V (P4)
9 x Peripheral
2 x SATA
2 x Floppy
1 x PCI-E
Features Dual 8cm fan, Intelligent Black Cable Sleeving