Access Point Found, but not Internet

npwest

Beta member
Ok, i have 2 pc's. One in the living room directly connected to the router. The other is in the back room with a Linksys wireless-g PCi Adapter installed in it. For some reason after i restarted the wireless router the back pc wont connect to the internet but can see the "access point". The wireless router is called a WRT150n. And after my back PC is connecting to the wireless network it sometimes locks up and freezes.

I dont know what to do to be honest, im just dont understand why it doesnt work suddenly, so if anyone can help me out that would be great!

You mean the name and pass of the wireless network? If so then yes.. if not i have no clue then lol

I guess there was no problem with the network card. Now the pc doesnt load windows :(

It starts the the windows loggin loading thing then a blue screen flashes and it restarts the pc. Anyone know whats the problem? I have no clue so any help is welcome.

NPWest.

I have the same Wireless Router and it works completley fine. I have 3 Hard Wired computer's and two laptop's running on Wireless N. If your computer is starting up then a blue screen flashes, It means your getting the BSOD (Blue Screen Of Death) Most likley. An Error With Your Windows Installation? Anyone want to piggy back on here?

Well, after the computer restarts (after you see the blue screen) when it's coming back up it should give you options (like safe mode, safe mode with networking, last known good configuration, etc...) If it doesn't, then after the computer posts (shows you all the technical info) start pressing the F8 key. This should bring up that menu.

When you're here, there should be an option that says something like: "Don't restart after system failure" or something along those lines.

Select that option and the computer will load and hopefully (so we can figure out what the problem is) it will crash again, but this time it won't reboot. Instead you'll see a BSOD(Blue Screen of Death), which will give you a stop code (a bunch of 0x0000) type numbers. Write these numbers down and post them here. It may also give you a verbal explanation as to why the computer is crashing, post that also.

After you do that, go ahead and reboot the computer again (going to that bootup screen like before) only this time go to Last Known Good configuration.

If the computer still won't boot when you try that, let us know that also and we should be able to help you further.

Sorry for the long delay in responding, but i got the numbers for you.

It said that i should turn off all antivirus, defragmenters, and some other things... but since i dont get passed that windows loading screen i dont know about those lol.

the numbers below are:

0x00000024, 0x8a9cb268, 0xc0000102, 0x00000000

I hope these can help solve the problem i have, its a really nice pc and i cant afford to replace it :(

That is an NTFS error (your file system). What this most likely means is that your hard drive has a bad block, or some data is corrupted. Here are some possible fixes:

1.) Try booting in safe mode with command prompt. (by pressing f8 as you did before and selecting safe mode).
2.) If it works, try re-starting and booting normally, see if you still have problems.
3.) if Yes, get a windows xp cd (or vista, whichever you have).
4.) Place this in the cd-rom drive and attempt to boot from CD. (it will say press any key to boot from cd). If you start to see the windows loading screen before you see this option, you either missed it, or it's booting from your hard drive first.
a.) If you missed it, DO NOT power off the machine. Let it blue screen (you may introduce further problems by powering off the machine while windows is loading).
a.1) After you restart the computer and you're sure not seeing the press any key to boot from cd option, then you'll have to configure your computer to load the cd first.
a.2) to do this, right when the computer is powering up, it will say something like: "press <del> to enter setup" or sometimes it's F10, or something else (F2), all motherboards are different, so you'll have to see which works for you.
a.3) Once you do this, you'll be in your bios setup. Somewhere in here (I would tell you exactly where it is, but again all bios versions are different) there should be something along the lines of "boot-order" or "change boot sequence". You may have to dig to find it. Once you do, move the cd-rom to the first boot device and the hard drive to the second.
a.4) After you do this, make sure you save your changes and exit.
a.5) After the machine re-starts, now you should get the press any key to boot from cd option.

5.) Finally, let it go through the process of loading files.
6.) Once it's done, you'll have to accept the license agreement (in xp), then as you mosey through this part of it, there should be a load recovery console option.
7.) Pick this option and when it comes up, type the following command in: chkdsk /f /r
8.) That will run a check disk on your hard drive and will (hopefully) repair any of the errors that exist.

Let us know the results of that and we'll go from there.

Here are some articles to help clarify anything that I didn't mention.
Your Blue Screen Error
Recovery Console Process

Hope this helps!

the CHKDSK thng didnt work so i reinstalled windows xp pro with my friends cd. It works great so far, almost got all the music back loaded on it and everything and its about twice as fast as it was before. Thanks for the help guys^^

Back
Top Bottom