Reasons I Need A Car

Status
Not open for further replies.
A car isn't really necessary. It's not like you live in the country where everything is far away. It's an expensive waste of money at your age. Should save up your money for school which will happen in a few years if your lucky.

Clearly, you did not exactly take the most difficult classes in high school. I definitely earned it. There are members here who can attest to that.

meh, say what you want.. im 3 1/2 years through a 5 year apprenticeship working on aircraft radio equipment.. at GCSE (i left after that to get a job) i got 7 A's and 5 B's.. tbh.. if your gonna say that im not smart.. never fly again, because its people like me who fix the planes you fly in.

just to let you know.. i have worked myself up through a peugeot 206 diesel, daewoo nexia, bmw 316, seat leon diesel, and now i have a brand new ford focus zetec-s 2.0, i have worked for my car, and gone sensibly through my cars.. and i appreciate my car a hell of alot more than a spoilt brat ever can or will.

i know. from experience. that the first car a kid like you owns will be beaten up, and wrecked... and whatever you say, a kid getting a 12k car getting given to them by their parents is a spoilt brat, and will not treat the car with respect.

just because some of our parents arent loaded doesnt make us any less of a person... some people actually work for a living, and dont rely on mummy and daddy to give them whatever they want.

middle class...the 2007 average household income in the us was $50,233. Average=middle, hence middle class. I made $65k (CDN) last year and I can tell you right now paying for bills, rent/mortgage, and about $100k of cars (your parents ~$40k each you said) can not be done on a median income level, throw in raising a kid (you) and its even harder. I have two.

Im not trying to attack you here, just hoping you will realize how naive you are being. A 2002 $12k audi is a very fast, very expensive, very luxurious car to you...at least it should be but you dont see it like that and it troubles me.

You said you want to play around modding it and whatnot...and someone else here said exactly what the rest of the world will see if you ever try to sell it: one car bagged by a young kid=worthless.
Get an older car, one with lots of potential, a very strong aftermarket and also one thats not very rare. All of that added up equals cheap parts so its easy to replace/repair them. An audi man is going to be so expensive to fix if anything bombs on it, where are you going to get parts for it?
Heres an example of what I mean...not saying you have to do this, buts its just to give you an idea of what Im talking about....
-I can pick up a decent 87-93 5.0L mustang (225hp, 300ft/bs) around here for $2-$5K. Add $2k for headwork, cam, intake manifold, headers, injectors, tune, and 3.73:1 spooled rear gears. That will give me about 350hp and about 400 ft/lbs. It should run a solid low 12 in the 1/4 mile and wipe everyone around you's butts with sandpaper (ouch, feel the pain).
Now say you get a little stupid one night and touch meridian with your nose...well you can get a fender off any 79-93 mustang new or use for $25-$100. You cant do any of that in a newer car like the audi.

Now like I said, doesnt have to be a mustang, or even a v8 domestic...there are lots of cars out there that offer potential like I speak of.
Camaros, mustangs, 2nd&3rd gen rx7s, 1st gen mazda mx6 turbo (looks similar to skyline), ford taurus sho (first gen 8500rpm v8, 2nd gen 8500rpm v8)..i could find lots more.

Im sure youve shopped around, but really explore your options

meh, say what you want.. im 3 1/2 years through a 5 year apprenticeship working on aircraft radio equipment.. at GCSE (i left after that to get a job) i got 7 A's and 5 B's.. tbh.. if your gonna say that im not smart.. never fly again, because its people like me who fix the planes you fly in.

just to let you know.. i have worked myself up through a peugeot 206 diesel, daewoo nexia, bmw 316, seat leon diesel, and now i have a brand new ford focus zetec-s 2.0, i have worked for my car, and gone sensibly through my cars.. and i appreciate my car a hell of alot more than a spoilt brat ever can or will.

i know. from experience. that the first car a kid like you owns will be beaten up, and wrecked... and whatever you say, a kid getting a 12k car getting given to them by their parents is a spoilt brat, and will not treat the car with respect.

just because some of our parents arent loaded doesnt make us any less of a person... some people actually work for a living, and dont rely on mummy and daddy to give them whatever they want.
Alright...whoa there, no need to get defensive. I never said you weren't smart, there are loads of extremely intelligent people in high school who just don't challenge themselves. In fact I'd say that's most high school kids.

Go ahead and call me a "spoilt brat", but you know next to nothing about me, so I don't think it's fair to make that judgment.
middle class...the 2007 average household income in the us was $50,233. Average=middle, hence middle class. I made $65k (CDN) last year and I can tell you right now paying for bills, rent/mortgage, and about $100k of cars (your parents ~$40k each you said) can not be done on a median income level, throw in raising a kid (you) and its even harder. I have two.

Im not trying to attack you here, just hoping you will realize how naive you are being. A 2002 $12k audi is a very fast, very expensive, very luxurious car to you...at least it should be but you dont see it like that and it troubles me.

You said you want to play around modding it and whatnot...and someone else here said exactly what the rest of the world will see if you ever try to sell it: one car bagged by a young kid=worthless.
Get an older car, one with lots of potential, a very strong aftermarket and also one thats not very rare. All of that added up equals cheap parts so its easy to replace/repair them. An audi man is going to be so expensive to fix if anything bombs on it, where are you going to get parts for it?
Heres an example of what I mean...not saying you have to do this, buts its just to give you an idea of what Im talking about....
-I can pick up a decent 87-93 5.0L mustang (225hp, 300ft/bs) around here for $2-$5K. Add $2k for headwork, cam, intake manifold, headers, injectors, tune, and 3.73:1 spooled rear gears. That will give me about 350hp and about 400 ft/lbs. It should run a solid low 12 in the 1/4 mile and wipe everyone around you's butts with sandpaper (ouch, feel the pain).
Now say you get a little stupid one night and touch meridian with your nose...well you can get a fender off any 79-93 mustang new or use for $25-$100. You cant do any of that in a newer car like the audi.

Now like I said, doesnt have to be a mustang, or even a v8 domestic...there are lots of cars out there that offer potential like I speak of.
Camaros, mustangs, 2nd&3rd gen rx7s, 1st gen mazda mx6 turbo (looks similar to skyline), ford taurus sho (first gen 8500rpm v8, 2nd gen 8500rpm v8)..i could find lots more.

Im sure youve shopped around, but really explore your options
That's great and all, but it doesn't work for me. In the winter in Buffalo that RWD Mustang isn't going to be able to get out of my driveway. Not to mention the safety...
I NEED AWD and I NEED a safe car. The only other car that works, as I have previously stated, is an Impreza, which isn't available.

And the middle class is a wide range. I'd say my family is in the upper middle class, mostly because both my parents work. The upper class is the select richest, most powerful people.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Upper_middle_class

will be better MPG than an S4, especially the way a kid will drive it...

edit...

you just said that it was obvious that i hadnt taken difficult college courses.. do you know what an apprenticeship is?

no.. i dont know you.. but any 16 year old kid whose parents are buying them at 12k audi S4 is a spoilt brat in my book... ive had to work for what ive got, and ive worked bloody hard to get where i am now.. and ive still got 1 1/2 years.. all im saying is that if you work for what you get, and dont just have it handed to you on a plate, you will appreciate it a hell of alot more..

I get about 10mpg the way i drive my truck haha (although it sucks for mileage anyway)

will be better MPG than an S4, especially the way a kid will drive it...

edit...

you just said that it was obvious that i hadnt taken difficult college courses.. do you know what an apprenticeship is?

no.. i dont know you.. but any 16 year old kid whose parents are buying them at 12k audi S4 is a spoilt brat in my book... ive had to work for what ive got, and ive worked bloody hard to get where i am now.. and ive still got 1 1/2 years.. all im saying is that if you work for what you get, and dont just have it handed to you on a plate, you will appreciate it a hell of alot more..
No no no...there is a difference between AP courses and college courses. AP courses are college level courses you take in high school.
I in no way meant to offend you with that comment.

Alright...whoa there, no need to get defensive. I never said you weren't smart, there are loads of extremely intelligent people in high school who just don't challenge themselves. In fact I'd say that's most high school kids.

Go ahead and call me a "spoilt brat", but you know next to nothing about me, so I don't think it's fair to make that judgment.

That's great and all, but it doesn't work for me. In the winter in Buffalo that RWD Mustang isn't going to be able to get out of my driveway. Not to mention the safety...
I NEED AWD and I NEED a safe car. The only other car that works, as I have previously stated, is an Impreza, which isn't available.

And the middle class is a wide range. I'd say my family is in the upper middle class, mostly because both my parents work. The upper class is the select richest, most powerful people.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Upper_middle_class

Getting a luxury car when you are 16 is spoiled, even if it's used. That amount of money is alot, not to mention that thing will guzzle gas and need major repairs being old.

As for AWD, not necessary. Use a snowblower, clear your driveway. Where you are gets only slightly more snow than where I am, and we drive frontwheel cars (and we have an uphill driveway, fine for the way out, bitch on the way in, and hey, it's gravel too). Unless you can pay for a car yourself, as well as insurance and upkeep, be happy with driving a family or friends car every once in a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom