Not sure of the problem?

desm0nd

Beta member
Hello all,

New to the forum.

On thursday of last week, I dropped my laptop on the floor, cracking my screen, and busting the corner of the casing.

The screen cannot be seen through as there are lots of blobs of color. It was still running and I could still hear stuff in the background.

I decided to shut it off by holding the power button as I couldnt see anything.

On friday I decided to hook up a monitor, so I did, and it went to windows loading screen and wouldnt load windows. I then just shut it off, and wasnt home all weekend so it was left off.

I got home today, and decided to retry my laptop. I hooked the monitor up and it finally loaded Windows, I logged in and it froze on my desktop. I waited and it still wasnt working. So I shut it off again, and restarted it. It started up again, and now everytime I try to click something, ie wireless on the task bar, or network places, or really any program, it just freezes.

What is my problem? Why will windows load but I cant do anything. Are there any solutions?

I hope I gave a good enough description as to my problems, but if you need more info please feel free to ask.

Thanks in advance for the help

I believe that it is one of three things. It could be your battery giving inconsistent voltages to your computer. It could be your processor, damaged in such a way that it can function partially. Or it could be ram. Open up the comp and maybe post some pics of what it looks like in there. We may be able to point out the problem.

Well, as said earlier, it could be many things. I'm sure you knocked something loose inside since it was enough to break your screen. Have a look at the memory and hard drive. Make sure they are fully seated.

Back
Top Bottom