New Build - Rate? - Suggestions?

Jake Harris

In Runtime
Hey Guys,

Finally put together the list of thing's Im buying for my new build. Bought all the thing's for the network and hooked up the new Router yesterday and put in the new cable's and dam is the network running much faster. Now to get a Gaming System to match it! Well here it goes, New Everything! Starting from scartch

Case: XCLI0 Windtunnel Fully Black Finish ATX Full Tower

Motherboard: MSI 790 FX-GD70 AM3

CPU: AMD Phenom II 940 Deneb 3 GHZ

Memory: OCZ 4GB (2x2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 1333MHz (x2)

VGA: Sapphire Radeon HD 4870 1GB 256-Bit (x4)

HD:
- Western Digital Veloci Raptor 150GB
- 2 Western Digital Caviar 640GB (Raid 1)

PSU - In Win Commander 1200W ATX 12V

Monitor - Sceptre 1080P Black 24" (Already Have 1 Of These Buying One For Dual Monitor Setup)

Headset: EDimensional AudioFX Pro 5+1

Keyboard: Saitek Eclipse III Black

CD/DVD: LG Black 22X DVD+R

Cooling - The Case Has Two Side 250mm Adding a 120m In The Back.

Casemod Accessories: Sunbeam Chromatic Windlmill 5.25" Black Fan Controller

Total Price Without Accessories: $2135 CAD

Total Price W/ Accessories: $2570 CAD

Does anyone think I should do watercooling on the system? I'm willing to read up and do extensive research / reading on how to setup a Water Cooling system and so on. Running the 4 4870's In Quad x8 and I will be overclocking the system if that help's in recommending cooling. (Learning How To Overclock Still)

Comments? Suggestions?

Hey Guys,

Finally put together the list of thing's Im buying for my new build. Bought all the thing's for the network and hooked up the new Router yesterday and put in the new cable's and dam is the network running much faster. Now to get a Gaming System to match it! Well here it goes, New Everything! Starting from scartch

Case: XCLI0 Windtunnel Fully Black Finish ATX Full Tower

Motherboard: MSI 790 FX-GD70 AM3

CPU: AMD Phenom II 940 Deneb 3 GHZ

Memory: OCZ 4GB (2x2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 1333MHz (x2)

VGA: Sapphire Radeon HD 4870 1GB 256-Bit (x4)

HD:
- Western Digital Veloci Raptor 150GB
- 2 Western Digital Caviar 640GB (Raid 1)

PSU - In Win Commander 1200W ATX 12V

Monitor - Sceptre 1080P Black 24" (Already Have 1 Of These Buying One For Dual Monitor Setup)

Headset: EDimensional AudioFX Pro 5+1

Keyboard: Saitek Eclipse III Black

CD/DVD: LG Black 22X DVD+R

Cooling - The Case Has Two Side 250mm Adding a 120m In The Back.

Casemod Accessories: Sunbeam Chromatic Windlmill 5.25" Black Fan Controller

Total Price Without Accessories: $2135 CAD

Total Price W/ Accessories: $2570 CAD

Does anyone think I should do watercooling on the system? I'm willing to read up and do extensive research / reading on how to setup a Water Cooling system and so on. Running the 4 4870's In Quad x8 and I will be overclocking the system if that help's in recommending cooling. (Learning How To Overclock Still)

Comments? Suggestions?

Why are you getting 4 4870's? Save some money and get 2 x2's. Water cooling would be cool. I don't think you need 2 640 mb hard drives plus a 150 hard drive but its up to you. Everything else is really good! Smart move getting Sapphire cards as though as they are the best brand imo. Definitely oc! Good Luck Man
9/10 for me!

Not bad of a build at all..I'm not an AMD fan but still from my knowledge a good build!

Why are you getting 4 4870's? Save some money and get 2 x2's. Water cooling would be cool. I don't think you need 2 640 mb hard drives plus a 150 hard drive but its up to you. Everything else is really good! Smart move getting Sapphire cards as though as they are the best brand imo. Definitely oc! Good Luck Man
9/10 for me!

The 10K RPM Is The Operating System Hard Drive, And The Two 640GB's Are Running Raid 1 For Data. Two X2's Would Be about 240$ More Then 4 4780's.

Wolverine, How about the reason for being Future Proof! xD And Eslfish, AMD Is Better In My Opionon.

The 10K RPM Is The Operating System Hard Drive, And The Two 640GB's Are Running Raid 1 For Data. Two X2's Would Be about 240$ More Then 4 4780's.

Wolverine, How about the reason for being Future Proof! xD And Eslfish, AMD Is Better In My Opionon.

I agree with Wolverine and being future proof is a horrible justification for buying 4 4870's why not get 2 and save the money from the other 2 and use that towards a "Future" card... There is absolutely no reason for 4 4870's...and by cutting down on the cards you can go ahead and drop the amount of watts on the PSU since you wont need anywhere near that without running 4 GPU's

I agree with Wolvarine and PokerDegenerate. I did not know that 2 x2's were more expensive than 4 4870's. Get 2 4870's which is plenty dude.

1 4870 Sapphire is 190$ one 4870 x2 is like 450$

and.... hmm... will two 4780 run all the current game's on the market? at full settings?

Thanks for the clarification Jake. I guess that GDDR5 doesn't come cheap. And yes two 4870's will run any game at max settings with a high average fps!

1 4870 Sapphire is 190$ one 4870 x2 is like 450$

and.... hmm... will two 4780 run all the current game's on the market? at full settings?

Absolutely...what is the native resolution of your monitor cuz you might even be able to get away with 1 to be honest with ya...

Back
Top Bottom