Reasons I Need A Car

Status
Not open for further replies.
my family is middle class, we don't have ridiculous amounts of money.

you should feel bad for accepting a car with that price tag if that is the case. You don't need a car with that price tag. At 16 you don't NEED a car fullstop. And I don't think getting good grades is reason to be deserving a car like that being given to you.

all i can say is i wish i could get a car for just getting some grades.....

but i suppose not all of us can just get mummy and daddy to buy us a car.. all i am going to say is that you will treat the car alot better.. and enjoy it a hell of alot more knowing that you would have worked to earn it.. but mabye thats just me.. im happier knowing that what i own, i own and have worked for it...

Responsibility is what it will teach you. Having/driving a car is a privilege. Tell him you are mature enough to get your own car and it's your responsibility.

If you had some sense you would say buy me a piece of crap car now and put the rest of the money in a CD or high interest yielding bond and get a SICK car with all the interest you get when you can really appreciate a car because im sorry if you get that car at 16 and the way you are talking right now that car is going to be a POS in 2 years. The only reason you want that car is to show off and race your friends well guess what look up what it costs to replace one of those turbos when you blow it... Oh yeah are your folks paying upkeep for that car too like oil changes, tune ups, and regular maintenance because I will tell you from experience that engine is NOT cheap to upkeep. I had the same exact engine in my Audi A6. So go ahead and get it and show your parents how responsible you really are and appreciate it don't get it to race your friends and show off...Or do the really smart thing and get a junker and learn what it takes to really upkeep a car and learn what its all about first... Kids should not get a 12k car for their first car PERIOD.....

you should feel bad for accepting a car with that price tag if that is the case. You don't need a car with that price tag. At 16 you don't NEED a car fullstop. And I don't think getting good grades is reason to be deserving a car like that being given to you.
They wouldn't buy it for me if it would be a burden on our family financially. No, I don't NEED a car (I phrased that wrong), but it would be convenient and a lot of fun.
all i can say is i wish i could get a car for just getting some grades.....

but i suppose not all of us can just get mummy and daddy to buy us a car.. all i am going to say is that you will treat the car alot better.. and enjoy it a hell of alot more knowing that you would have worked to earn it.. but mabye thats just me.. im happier knowing that what i own, i own and have worked for it...
Clearly, you did not exactly take the most difficult classes in high school. I definitely earned it. There are members here who can attest to that.

Clearly, you did not exactly take the most difficult classes in high school. I definitely earned it. There are members here who can attest to that.

LMFAO I'm really sorry i'm going to try and put this nicely... You really think you are the only one who has taken AP classes in HIGH SCHOOL? try being dual enrolled in high school and college taking AP classes in high school while taking a full load of college classes as well. I am really sorry but this logic really fits your age.. No offense but seriously No amount of school work should amount to the purchase of a car...Your parents should be teaching you responsibility and making you get good grades and EARN the car not just giving it to you for good grades.... If your parents need a reason why you "need" a car why not just tell them the real reason? I want to fit in with everyone else because they all have nice cars and oh yeah my friend has a GTI and says he can beat anything so I need one that can beat his car in a race... See what the response is to that... [/Rant]

Now I'm sorry if this is coming off a little harsh but seriously earning your own money and getting something for the reasons you want it would be fine but spending your parents hard earned money for these reasons just seems foolish and immature to me... Just get a car that will get you from here to there and wont be a burden financially (not just the purchase price but upkeep) and let the other kids talk crap. If they don't accept you because of your car then screw em...

LMFAO I'm really sorry i'm going to try and put this nicely... You really think you are the only one who has taken AP classes in HIGH SCHOOL? try being dual enrolled in high school and college taking AP classes in high school while taking a full load of college classes as well. I am really sorry but this logic really fits your age.. No offense but seriously No amount of school work should amount to the purchase of a car...Your parents should be teaching you responsibility and making you get good grades and EARN the car not just giving it to you for good grades.... If your parents need a reason why you "need" a car why not just tell them the real reason? I want to fit in with everyone else because they all have nice cars and oh yeah my friend has a GTI and says he can beat anything so I need one that can beat his car in a race... See what the response is to that... [/Rant]

Now I'm sorry if this is coming off a little harsh but seriously earning your own money and getting something for the reasons you want it would be fine but spending your parents hard earned money for these reasons just seems foolish and immature to me... Just get a car that will get you from here to there and wont be a burden financially (not just the purchase price but upkeep) and let the other kids talk crap. If they don't accept you because of your car then screw em...
I actually wasn't talking to you...if you've taken AP courses, congrats. They're hard for me though, I put a lot of work into them, and I'm proud of my grades.

I do not want a car to race and show off. That was a side thing, I just said I wanted to shut him up about his GTi. I want a car for the convenience and PERSONAL pleasure of working on it. Not to show off or because it's "cool".

Let's go back to the reason you posted this thread. You want excuses to give your parents to convince them to buy you a car. So far, everything you suggested that you're going to say is a lie. You don't care about the convenience. You don't care about having more time to do school work and you couldn't care less about getting a job.

Admit it. The only reason to get this car is so you can race that pompous GTi douche. While you may not beat him in the first race you will learn that you lack discipline in your driving abilities and will thus take it upon yourself to meet with Vin Diesel and convince him to teach you the ways of the street racing scene. Months will pass and, while at first Vin had little faith in your skills, he soon realizes that after you nearly beat his best time challenging Blood Run Pass that it seems you really do have what it takes. Maybe you will usurp his crown as Road King.

Finally, the day has come that you challenge GTi douche. His ego is miles wide since he beat you the first time and you will face much ridicule from him and his friends. The girl on his arm suppresses a giggle. You stand smug in your stance and wait until the laughter dies down. "Why don't you put your money where your mouth is?" you exclaim.

"What did you have in mind," he replies, "cause if you're thinking about racing again..well, I just don't know if I can stand to see a 16 year old boy cry..haha!"

"Pinks...," you say and his laughter is cut short. "The winner gets the other guy's car. The loser walks away..no complaints, no rematches, nothing!"

GTi douche answers, "Fine! I guess my grandma could use a new car anyway."

[time elapses] Freestyler has won an amazing race...

The crowd is jeering showing off an energy that rumbles through the streets. Your buddies run up to you and pat you on the back, laughing and telling you how awesome that win was. Vin Diesel shakes your hand. "It looks like the streets of Buffalo has its new king" he tells you. "My work here's done" are his parting words and he leaves; likely to discover new adventures in other cities far away. You're blissfully happy.

GTi douche throws you the keys to his whip, saying nothing and promptly gets into his friend Mitch's Integra. "Hey babe! Get in the car!" he says to Selina. She looks at him and despite his persistent calls to her she walks away from him in your direction. The crowd parts and you settle down from the excitement to see this gorgeous girl walking over to you- eyes locked on yours. She tells you that she always loved you and knew you had it in you to beat GTi fag who she, up until that point, was dating and hadn't really given you much attention until this moment. Then, you'll all hop into your tricked out cars and drive off into the sunset thus concluding the end of "The Fast and the Furious: Buffalo Drift".

but my family is middle class, we don't have ridiculous amounts of money. My parents would be spending $20k+ on a new car for me, so a $12k used car is fair IMO when I have been maintaining my grades as promised.

My family is middle class too, but I am smart enough to keep them away from debt as much as possible. I prefer them to put that 12K aside for my college tuition so I can go to college and get a nice job to get the car and life I want.
As I said, they will only spend about 2K on my first car, and I dont know if you know, I am Asian. (Not sure if you stereotype or not)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom