ive got systool, clockgen and cpuz...help me fiddle

pud

In Runtime
downloaded all these the other day and have been tinkering with them...I cant get any of my setting to stay with systool...I think it has something to do with the cool n quiet feature.
Anyways I have a 3400+ 939 sempron in an OEM MSI ms-7093 board. BIOS doesnt support OC'ing and Im getting new mobo/cpu/ram soon so I just want to fiddle with core speed for kicks.

Bus speed is 199MHz
multiplier is 5x
VID is 1.1
HT link is 796MHz
memory timing is 3-3-3-8

with systool and clockgen whenever I set the bus speed to over anything over 200MHz and select write, it just sets itself back to 199MHz...the CPU will run at 1.99GHz with a 10x multiplier, then the multiplier will drop to 5x and the core speed will drop to 995mhz. I cant figure out why it wont stay, and I cant find a good version of a BIOS oc with.

I wouldn't bother with OC'ing in the 'Windows' environment.

Do it all in the BIOS.

As standard the clock should be 200MHz, your HT multiplier set to 5. That'll give you your 2000MHz CPU speed and 1000MHz HT speed.

Make sure your RAM timings are set to standard. Set your timings tighter than standard and you will restrict your OC. You should get at least 210MHz-215MHz before your RAM or HT speed stops you. Thats where you have to start to make compromises to go higher.

Also if you find yourself with PC4000 RAM then use it. It will give you a clock speed of 250MHz straight away, CPU speed of 2500MHz!

His bios doesn't support oc'ing so he can't do that Remeniz. Just wait until your new mobo, cpu, and ram come in. Then you can oc till the cows come home! lol

Back
Top Bottom