Best laptop battery life

See a netbook would be a good option because I will be using it for small things for school. As where I don't need the extra ram.. It will make it faster.

"That would be from a very small amount to a few GB. Or couple in this case, haha."

1GB is about the going rate in average computers what "small" amount are you talking about.. A lot of computers can only support 2 GB's how is 1 GB small?

ANYWAY...

Does anyone have the cap? I know this thing can't support 4 GB's so is the cap one or two? I am taking it as two.. Does anyone know the pin count?

I beg to differ.

I upgraded my RAM from 1GB to 2GB and felt a very noticeable increase in performance and overall speed of the netbook.

Agreed. And furthermore, I've almost ALWAYS seen a performance boost in upgrading my RAM. When I went from 2GB to 4GB, I saw a huge jump in performance (both in XP and Vista), and when I went from 4GB to 6GB, I again saw a performance jump (mostly in Vista)...even though everyone was telling me I wouldn't see anything different. I think it just differs from case to case, but with me, I've always seen a boost.

OP: I've checked the manual from asus (download only :() and it looks like there's no info on RAM specs. So I'm not sure. I'll do a bit more googling to see. Just as a guess, I'd say that it's probably got a cap of 2GB..just seems right for something so small--and it's probably just 200-pin DDR2 RAM like other lappies use like you indicated.

That is what I thought.. I will definitely do some more Googling before purchase. Thanks guys for the info! :)

I don't suggest a netbook as your primary notebook computer. It is meant as a companionship to a more full fledged system. The notebooks I mentioned are meant for business, and have far better battery options than most netbooks out there.

I don't suggest a netbook as your primary notebook computer. It is meant as a companionship to a more full fledged system. The notebooks I mentioned are meant for business, and have far better battery options than most netbooks out there.

Well that is true but with the price difference I am loving the netbooks ha..
It would also not be my primary I still have my desktop and my current laptop.

Agreed. And furthermore, I've almost ALWAYS seen a performance boost in upgrading my RAM. When I went from 2GB to 4GB, I saw a huge jump in performance (both in XP and Vista), and when I went from 4GB to 6GB, I again saw a performance jump (mostly in Vista)...even though everyone was telling me I wouldn't see anything different. I think it just differs from case to case, but with me, I've always seen a boost.

I've never seen anything huge like you have. Only in a select amount of games and my editing programs.

Back
Top Bottom