Wireless laptop with xbox live

aviator189

Beta member
Sorry if I'm not allowed to post this sort of question here, but I really needed help on this. Ok, so I have a 2wire router downstairs connected to my pc. And I have a lenovo laptop upstairs with wireless built in. I can already access wireless internet upstairs, but the only problem is that I don't know how to connect xbox live upstairs with wireless laptop. the laptop has the port to connect with the xbox live wire, but when i try that, it never works even though I'm connected with the wireless network. Should I try shared network? or...sorry I'm new to all of this and I would really appreciate some help. Btw, I don't want to buy the xbox live wireless adapter.

I think the problem is that you are trying to combine ethernet internet and wireless internet to run simultaneously which you just can't do. You are either going to have to buy the wireless adapter or stick to a wired connection.

Under network connections, I believe there is an option to set the computer you're using as a "gateway" for the xbox, or any other device.

On your pc, if you go to network connections and right click on your wireless connection, then click properties. Here, there should be two tabs at the top, networking and sharing. If you select sharing, you can check the box next to allow other devices to use this computer to access the internet. Not sure if this will do it for you, I'll star the thread though in hopes that someone else could shed some light on this.

*EDIT: keep in mind, this will probably be slower than crap and you won't have a very nice xbox live experience.

Back
Top Bottom