Newegg ships me a free mobo!

Prodigy146

Fully Optimized
Ok it wasnt totally free.. let me tell you what happened. i got this motherboard 4 weeks ago. (Gigabyte 770V)

The mobo was shit, every single rear usb port did not work, the pci x16 slot worked when it wanted to, i had to reseat my card every time i restarted my computer. Yeah.. thats what i have been dealing with for the last month.

So i call newegg and tell them my situation, she tells me to mail in the other board and they will mail a motherboard the next day. So on thursday of last week i mailed my gigabyte, i call newegg she tells me there mailing a Asus M4A78-E (i cant find any info on it on googlez). i didnt even have a choice on what board i was gonna get which was kinda f'cked up.. but anyway i got the board this morning.

Here it is:

I wish i had a better heatsink

The box

I cant fire it up yet because im waiting for my cosair 700 watt psu. But i do have some questions:

Whats the difference between the 770V chipset and the 790gx chipset? will the 790gx perform better?

This board keeps boasting that it has a 8+1 power phase, in the manual, on the box, everywhere. My gigabyte had a 4+1 phase, is 8+1 phase alot better?

Um you got a premium board right there! 790GX's are great...especially for OC'ing. You are super duper lucky!

You got an upgrade. The 790GX is a better performer than the 770V. The Asus has a better power circuit for more efficient energy use, and it can fully support the new Phenom II AM3 CPUs. Very nice! :D

Yeah that is Pretty Sweet man I love my 790GX...:D:D

And yet another reason why NewEgg is better than anywhere else for buying Computer parts...

The Asus has a better power circuit for more efficient energy use

So 8+1 power phase just helps me have more efficient energy use? lol wow thanks so much asus..

And i dont know much about amd and but on intels side, asus usually gives out good quailty budget boards and some insane enthusiast boards. How do they compare with AMD boards? do they usually stand out when compared to lets say biostar and gigabyte?

all of my friends are telling me i shouldve went intel.. ahh

really?
All my friends are telling me I shouldve stuck with AMD.
But I said "no, I want whats best for my money", and at that time, Intel (7200 = $100) was about the same as AMD for me (6000+ = $90), so I went with Intel.

Back
Top Bottom