Reasons I Need A Car

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your 16?! wow.. Well i guess if your parents can manage the payments and your really good at school, it shouldnt be a problem.

But i wouldnt really wanna go for an audi as my first car ;)

I think you guys are getting the wrong idea from the Audi name...
It's really not "luxury" at all because it's an '02. I mean it's leather and not bad looking, but there's really nothing special about it. Pretty plain looking.
DSCF0445.jpg

A newer Subaru has a similar interior.

But I go to school and see all the brand new Mustangs, BMWs, Mercedes, GTis, etc and $12k doesn't seem all that terrible to me.

So you want a nice car because of your social status?
My friend had an POS 86 Integra thats about to fall to bits, and I still hang around him when he is with his car, I think his car was the crappiest, but we didnt like much people in that school anyway to even care what they think.
eh, you got your reasons, I got mine. Guess I cant really judge you... yet.:D

$12K is a lot, especially in my family, the Max they would spend on me is about $2K, and they still havent gotten me a car, and I'm about to turn 19 in exactly 2 weeks.

The only reason I can think of is that you wont have to annoy your parents to take you places, and that you would be a lot safer in your own car than say being in a friends car the *might* speed.

Well, I think he *might* speed in this one... lol, a stick turbo 6... twin turbo at that... It will be fast off the line too. Although turbos aren't great for torque since they don't kick in right away. But you can drop the clutch...

How much power does it have?

man everything you say....enforces my belief in how much different of a world you live in compared to the one I grew up in (im 24, still young ya). $12k not that expensive? an '02 Audi not luxury?
Dont take this as an insult, but I just cant fathom how a person could think a $12k 2002 Audi isnt that expensive or that luxurious. Sure compared to whats out there you could argue that it isnt, and compared to what other people around you have it may not be. Just remember that wherever you are someone will always have something bigger, better, faster, stronger, sexier etc... than you do.
Dont forget, anything is better that what you have now...which is nadda-f'kin thing.

and on an end note, FWIW...with $3k there are a handfull of 1980s 4, 6 and 8 cylinder cars that I could buy and build to run a 1/4 mile in the time it takes that VW GTi VR6 or your Audi to run 2/3 the way down the track.

Not enough people realizing how good public busses really are, if I were your pops I'd make you ride the bus to your job until you got enough money to make a decent contribution :-/.

Not enough people realizing how good public busses really are, if I were your pops I'd make you ride the bus to your job until you got enough money to make a decent contribution :-/.
Buses suck. I rode the school bus for quite some time. It took over an hour to get home everyday, and it plain sucked. Now I can work after school since I can drive home and all... And I don't need to leave so damn early.

I ride buses, I have to ride the bus from my house to an Light rail station, and vice versa for college.
Financial Aid paid about $60 or so for the pass to ride the bus and light rail unlimited times until the semester is over.

Buses suck. I rode the school bus for quite some time. It took over an hour to get home everyday, and it plain sucked. Now I can work after school since I can drive home and all... And I don't need to leave so damn early.

Yeah, I have to get up 6 in the morning to eat and get ready for school. I get out at about 6:50, and wait for the bus, and my class dont even start till 8:30 on mon/wed, and 9:00 on tues/thurs.
Public buses are better than school buses IMO, they have nicer seats, and nobody is screaming and stuff.

dude i have never rode a bus or ne thing like that i got a car as soon as i was 16!! just tell them you will keep your grades up!! if your parents can afford it, diff people come from diff walks of life a car to your parents might be like a game system for someone elese's. i got my car when i was 16 a eclipse gt and it ws brand new. just be grateful and let them know there greatly apperciated.

dude i have never rode a bus or ne thing like that i got a car as soon as i was 16!! just tell them you will keep your grades up!! if your parents can afford it, diff people come from diff walks of life a car to your parents might be like a game system for someone elese's. i got my car when i was 16 a eclipse gt and it ws brand new. just be grateful and let them know there greatly apperciated.

Did not understand a thing except the idea of getting spoiled.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom