Final opinions on build

Well, the system was built with that amount of RAM, and I did a test by taking it down to 4GB. I ran CS4 and it loads fine, but took about 12 seconds from click to screen. WIth the 12GB I got about 4 seconds from click to screen.

The system cost me 5799.99 from Alienware. I just got it about 3 weeks ago. I spoiled myself with my bonus check :) I was going to build one myself, but figured what the hell LOL.

If you build it yourself, You would of saved yourself a couple grand and you could of went out and bought yourself a big as 40" monitor with 7.1 surround sound xD

Well, the system was built with that amount of RAM, and I did a test by taking it down to 4GB. I ran CS4 and it loads fine, but took about 12 seconds from click to screen. WIth the 12GB I got about 4 seconds from click to screen.

The system cost me 5799.99 from Alienware. I just got it about 3 weeks ago. I spoiled myself with my bonus check :) I was going to build one myself, but figured what the hell LOL.

It's more enjoyable to build your own: better gratification, generally better parts, less expensive (can be), and more knowledge of computers

He would of saved around 1-2 Grand if he built it himsef..... the knowledge of computer's and expeirence with building computer's is a great bonus and you know your getting good part's cause your handeling them yourself.

He would of saved around 1-2 Grand if he built it himsef..... the knowledge of computer's and expeirence with building computer's is a great bonus and you know your getting good part's cause your handeling them yourself.

I agree entirely.
I'm never buying a desktop again (retail) It's a good trade skill to have too, many of my friends might pay me to do it lol.

He could of bought a big ass 40" monitor and 7.1 Surround sound with that extra money :p Now that's a kick ass gaming expeirence :p

Yeah I know I should have built it, but I was in the heat of the moment I guess you could say :) I have built a few rigs, and am very proud of them, but this time I went the other way LOL. Plus I didnt mind spending the extra money since I had a nice bonus from my work :)

if you plan on ever doing more then one card or water cooling dont get the antec 900
also
make sure your psu is modular

He could of bought a big ass 40" monitor and 7.1 Surround sound with that extra money :p Now that's a kick ass gaming expeirence :p

I was looking into that but it would be a little cramped due to the area my computer is located. But, 30" is totaly enough for me :) It works great for Adobe CS4 stuff, and gaming! I've been playing Call of Duty World at War, and Tomb Raider Underworls, AWESOME enough for me on a computer LOL.

Back
Top Bottom