P2P password help please

mpearen

Beta member
Okay, so i need to know how to set passwords for a p2p network. We have to figure this out for school. The teacher will NOT tell us. I need to set a password so that other people in my network cannot access my files that are on my computer without knowing that password

you won't learn anything if we just tell you. You go to school for a reason...to learn. Sit at your computer and play around and fiddle till you work out how. Best way to learn pc stuff.

Okay, so i need to know how to set passwords for a p2p network. We have to figure this out for school. The teacher will NOT tell us. I need to set a password so that other people in my network cannot access my files that are on my computer without knowing that password
Maybe the teacher told you but you weren't paying attention?

Sit at your computer and play around and fiddle till you work out how. Best way to learn pc stuff.

Dude, that's harsh.

I don't know if it helps since you didn't mention which OS you're running, but the article at http://articles.techrepublic.com.com/5100-10878_11-5033516.html may be of some help.

Datalyss, Your being Harsh for telling him the answer. Therefore, He is not able to learn and he will start relying on other people to do all the work for him. So, I think you're the one being harsh and Lowndsey is actually helping him learn and become independant.

In all fairness, isn't doing a Google search for computer help, creating an account on a forum and asking a thoughtful question of a group of knowledgeable computer techs and such part of the learning process?

Not everyone can learn from instructors and books. Weather or not they are "good candidates" for the I.T. field isn't for us to judge (unless they are really really bad ;)).
In this case however, it would seem as though it is a case of last-minute get the answer for the assignment (becuase I've never done that.....), so I can see why the response is to "find out for yourself". Keep at it though, there are tons of articles on p2p.

Also, try to be more specific in your question so we can help you better (ie, what platform, network setup, OS, etc...).

If you were given an assignment on how to setup a P2P Network password.... He wouldn't just give you an assignment and not tell you anything about it. Obviously he's given you clues and hints and most likley the answer and you havn't listened.

Back
Top Bottom