Memory wiped

Rennard

Banned
i had an error message with my computer, i think it was caused by an encryption software creating a new partition in the hard drive. the computer would boot untill the xp screen then restart, this happened in any mode. then i eventually got it working but when i wen to my documents everything had been deleted. i tried system restore but no luck. :( but the memory is been taken up so surely it is still somewhere? thanks.

Hello,

What encryption software are you using? The Encryption Software most likley created a hidden partion containing all your file's incase of any un wanted intruders trying to get into your files. If the Encryption Program has a console, go into it and look for anything that relate's to searching for current encrypted software and so on.

it was called cryptainer, but as soon as i'd got the computer working i deleted it because i had the suspicion it was that that caused it. so i can't check it. thanks

If you deleted it, Your screwed :p Re-Download it again and see if it pick's up where you left off. If not, You lost all your files.

haha, it's just i don't see how the memory can be taken up without me been able to find them? like is there a program to recover them
?

If you redownload the encryption program it may pickup the file's again and pick up from where you left off. There's a program called PC Recovery, It cost's about 60$ to recover any file's you've deleted or lost,etc. Or another thing you could do is go to a recovery data center but that may cost up to 1000$'s of dollars.

woah, yer seen as i'm only 13 i aint gonna pay that much! stupid cryptainer, i'll have to carry on looking then :(

You shouldn't of been playing with a program that could lose expensive document's if you had expensive documents on the computer. Your not really going to find anything, If your dad is into IT, Ask him and he'll probably know, Or call up geek squad xD

don't patronise me, i was wasn't playing, and i didn't have expensive documents, it's just a big inconvenience.

Back
Top Bottom