Computer Troubleshooting

Well, I guess the scenario has changed a bit. My coworker wants it back on RAID and wants me to try putting an image back on it.

But to your other question: The Bios only detects one Sata drive.

Hmmm...... If you have another computer laying around, Try running the two hard drive's in Raid on another computer. If they work, You've just iscolated your problem. Your Mobo xD

Just to give you a little background info: The computers I'm working on are actually LAC/E boxes used to transfer data from instruments up to a server.

So, I can't tamper with the inside of any of them.

Then you cant really fix the problem..... The Problem is most likley laying within the computer itself, to fix the problem your going to need to go inside it and do some tampering.

I have another trick up my sleeve: switch back to IDE, format drive, load windows. Restart, with the newly formatted drive, try again to image it with CD

It should replace the broken Master boot with a new one. It that's the case, I hope this works.

After it's formatted I'll switch back to RAID lol and then image. That's my idea anyway.

My best efforts did not work, I formatted the partition, but it still didn't work out.

It should replace the broken Master boot with a new one. It that's the case, I hope this works.

After it's formatted I'll switch back to RAID lol and then image. That's my idea anyway.

My best efforts did not work, I formatted the partition, but it still didn't work out.

Go into the BIOS and make sure the driver are actually in RAID. My Windows wouldn't load with both hard drives in. It said that the OS was missing. I had to go back into BIOS and reconfigure the array. If you don't have a RAID controller, how are you running a RAID setup? Does the motherboard have one built in?

Back
Top Bottom