Computer Troubleshooting

akira282

In Runtime
Hey all, I was imaging a computer today and during the process it was going astronomically slow going through "Ghost32" by Norton. So, stupid me (in hindsight) shut down the computer forgetting that the image erased the "master boot section." (hypothesis)

Anyway, I have getting a hexadecimal error: 0x0000007E

I can get into the BIOS fine. However, when I go to image again it says "loading windows files" and after gives me the blue screen error with the error shown above.

Any help would be nice.

Hello,

I think you may have just got your self in a bad situation ;) Have you tried Re-Doing the OS with a different disk? If you were Imaging the computer as in just reformatting a drive, try defaulting the Bio's. If you were re-doing the OS, You may just have error'd your Disk and is un-usable anymore. Try a different and disk and see if that works.

Just Tried loading Win xp install cd, windows cannot detect any HDS in this comp. lol

Does that have something to do with RAID 1?

Does Detect Any HDS...... Try Doing A Default Reset In Your Bio's, If that doesnt work, Go into your bio's and see if it's picking up your hard drives.

I don't have the RAID controller , so my hunch is maybe I have to put it to IDE for now?

Ok, just trying to load it in IDE just for curiosity

It's letting me install the OS when I put it on IDE, but it says there is already another OS on that partition. I guess I should delete the partition?

Well you can keep that OS and use it if you want. But, I would suggest a new re-installation incase there's something wrong with the old Partion. Delete all current partion's, create a 30GB for XP. And create another one with the rest of the space for all your files. Make sure to not do a Quick Format, A Full Format ensures a good job and quality on the format.

Back
Top Bottom