Best laptop battery life

vampist

Fully Optimized
Alright I am in the market for a new laptop (hopefully if everything goes right).

I need to know what laptop has a very good battery life that ISN'T an apple.
>.<
I hate apple. Only thing good they make are ipods.. but anyway yes so what laptops out there have really good battery life? Minus the fact of laptop settings and such.

If you can include a netbook in your search, your answer is the Asus EEE PC 1000HE. I just got a blue one and it literally gives me 9 hours of battery life on a single charge with decent settings.

I'd say Dell XPS Laptops, If your a gamer, Use them. But if you have the power settings on high performance you'll only get about 2 1/2 hours out of them. Balanced about 3 1/2 and Power Saver about 5 hours.

That was my point really, just wanted him to specify what kind of specs he would want because the higher end systems usually have shorter battery life :p

What is the ram cap on the Asus EEE PC 1000 HE?
Also what is the pin count? 200?
Since it is considered a netbook I would like it to have as much ram as it can handle.

What is the ram cap on the Asus EEE PC 1000 HE?
Also what is the pin count? 200?
Since it is considered a netbook I would like it to have as much ram as it can handle.

You won't see automatic increases in performance with more RAM. Unless you're going from a very small amount to a few GB. You only really need RAM for memory intensive applications, and if you're doing that, a netbook is definitely not the way to go.

You won't see automatic increases in performance with more RAM. Unless you're going from a very small amount to a few GB. You only really need RAM for memory intensive applications, and if you're doing that, a netbook is definitely not the way to go.

I beg to differ.

I upgraded my RAM from 1GB to 2GB and felt a very noticeable increase in performance and overall speed of the netbook.

I beg to differ.

I upgraded my RAM from 1GB to 2GB and felt a very noticeable increase in performance and overall speed of the netbook.

That would be from a very small amount to a few GB. Or couple in this case, haha.

Back
Top Bottom