Which Linux Distro do you use?

LukaszR1

Fully Optimized
I have used Ubuntu, Kubuntu, OpenSUSE, Fedora, Ultamite, PClinux...

right now i am using Linux Mint 6, its simply great!! Has all the media codecs insalled, so its simply plug and play. I love it so far!! Great solid distro.

in the past I've used all kind of different ones.

I tried putting Ubuntu on a laptop the other day but it just wouldn't work. and I couldn't be bothered to figure out why.

the only install of linux I have at the moment is on my media centre, and that runs busy box, on top of a distro called venus linux.

If i used linux, probs will on the new rig, i'll be on Ubuntu at whatever the newest gen is.

Linux is not good for gaming at all, hardly any game's have support for it but it's a great Server OS, and for every day users.

Linux is not good for gaming at all, hardly any game's have support for it but it's a great Server OS, and for every day users.

I manage well enough. Can play the vast majority of the games I own, too. It takes a bit of effort trying to get them to work properly, but it's still worth it. :)

I've used all sorts in the past, but my current favourite is CrunchBang, which is an Ubuntu derivative. I want to move over to Arch, but finding the time to sit and build the installation up is pretty hard.

Wow, It can really play game's? I've had it and I could never get it to work with any of my games... Interesting, I've alway's loved Linuxx for it's simple design and awesome speed.... Maybe I'll look into it more.

Wow, It can really play game's? I've had it and I could never get it to work with any of my games... Interesting, I've alway's loved Linuxx for it's simple design and awesome speed.... Maybe I'll look into it more.

Wine and Cedega help out here. Wine is free to use, but you have to pay for Cedega. Cedega is easier to use, mind you. It just depends on tastes and whether or not you have the cash to spare. Of course, the best way to help improve the Linux gaming situation is to support companies that actually make games for Linux. :D

i used ubuntu for quite some time..alot of port scanning/port explotation programs run best in ubunuto in my opinion..lol.

Back
Top Bottom