Suggestion for Hardware/Software

I like helping people with simple problems...:confused:

It's fun to watch people learn--probably why I'm going to become a teacher.

I do think we could use some organization around here though...not massive, just some tidy-ing up.

are you above answering the simple questions now? Just remember you were once a newbie. Are we going to cater to only helping complex problems?

Exactly. This being a computer help forum we want people coming here to ask questions.

Perfect

Newcomers are always asking redundant questions. I know it's not their fault, but I think we can solve this problem to really filter out the easy questions. As I browse through the guides sticky, all I see is a lot of links. I think it would be much more helpful if we got each member (doesn't have to be all, but the most knowledgeable in certain aspects) to write a brief yet helpful description of computer terms, parts, etc. Then we can have each member PM or e-mail the description to a mod who will post it and lock it. Having to click on links can get pretty annoying...We can also change some of the rules and announcements sticky that we have laying all over the place and put them in a FAQ forum. I think if we have this designed place for new members to get some information, we'll have a lot less questions that only distract us from the real questions that required actual thinking to solve. Additionally, I can see a lot more members following common "ignored" rules such as posting a picture of the item they're selling.

I'll give you the Readers Digest version.
It will start out like a ball of fire then fizzle out. Kinda like Braves baseball.
Some will post something others won't. The ones that do get ill at seeing they're doing all the work and stop.

AND
I think if we have this designed place for new members to get some information, we'll have a lot less questions that only distract us from the real questions that required actual thinking to solve.

That's arrogant. We all started somewhere. We damn sure didn't come out of the chute all knowing. Not all of those that come to forums know how to use one let alone what a forum's protocol is. They don't stop to read every little thing. They're in a panic. It's broke and they want some answers.
You know it's comments like that that get read by those seeking help and it runs them off before they even sign up. Stop to think before putting fingers to the keyboard.
Besides like I've said a million times: The more complicated you make it, the less it will get used.

Back
Top Bottom