Webcam choppy using GMA 4500MHD

well, the picture is acceptable, but the slow frame rate is not. I uninstalled the easycapture software, and uninstalled the driver that i got from the lenovo site, restarted and let just the windows provided driver install, but still slow. windows installed driver is by sonix just like the one from the lenovo site. is it the driver program that just isn't written well for it? because the picture is acceptable, but it just isn't processing the movement fast enough.

My last thoughts are the webcam sucks...I don't know what other problems it could be!

update...I installed my Logitech Communicate STX USB webcam to see how that one performed in comparison. It too was slow until I unchecked the option for "low light boost". Once I unselected that, the video was real fast like it should be. I unplugged it, re-enabled the integrated camera, but the available options for that one have a lot of options grayed out...one that was grayed out was the low light boost checkbox, but it wasn't checked anyway. I guess there's not going to be much I can do unless/until Lenovo writes a better Vista driver for the integrated camera.

Back
Top Bottom