nintendo Wii....help

well in an attempt to try n get this train back on the rails. Dealer gave me a newer Wii console that works, with a couple downloaded games on it and a copy of Wii Sports.
Just got home and the GF is having a go at Wii fit (the only reason I bought it). I dont play video games so I couldnt GAF which system is better.
The only thing I dont like is I was told the Wii wont play dvd/blu ray...which sucks.

PS. Lets not make this thread (about a Wii disc error) into a fanboy party.

I dont think I can be a fanboy, I look at each perspective on each side. like for example.... PS3 is better than 360 because it uses blu-ray. PS3 will have better games because it has more space. But Even though the PS3 has more space, blu-ray reads slower than an normal DVD which is why some games require you to install, which then the 360 is better when gaming with the disc, though it doesnt have has much space as an blu-ray. With graphics, both system has equal potential as long as the game programmers find a way to do it. They could surprise you.

exactly...have you seen Wii games in HD? besides me buying the Wii composite cable, the only game that looks good on the Wii is Smash Bros Brawl...GH looks like crap in HD
Brawl is fun, I havent found anybody to beat me (never played online because I cant connect). So I got bored with it.
You look at the graphics when you play GH? haha, I try to pay attention on what I am doing so I dont fail the song. :p

Brawl is fun, I havent found anybody to beat me (never played online because I cant connect). So I got bored with it.
You look at the graphics when you play GH? haha, I try to pay attention on what I am doing so I dont fail the song. :p

yeah I have...have you seen the difference from Wii's GH to the 360's... hehe

well in an attempt to try n get this train back on the rails. Dealer gave me a newer Wii console that works, with a couple downloaded games on it and a copy of Wii Sports.
Just got home and the GF is having a go at Wii fit (the only reason I bought it). I dont play video games so I couldnt GAF which system is better.
The only thing I dont like is I was told the Wii wont play dvd/blu ray...which sucks.

Good to hear you didn't have to get indignant with the dealer, lol
Enjoy having the GF on Wii fit, it's double win
Yea, i was surprised that Nintendo didn't bother to have any video media support on there, then they claim it's next gen?
Sorry that there is a storming argument going on here and no one's acknowledged your post. :rolleyes:

yeah I have...have you seen the difference from Wii's GH to the 360's... hehe

yeah... like the hair in 360 moves while the wii hair is like a brick? :D

It can play DVDs, heard of the Homebrew Channel? They used to need an modchip, but now they have an soft mod. Which is to get an SD card, download a certain save for the Zelda Twilight Princess game, put the SD in your system, play Zelda, and do a certain thing, then it will prompt you, then restart the system, and you will have the homebrew channel, then you download the DVD homebrew along with codecs, then you are good to go. All you need is an Wii, SD card, Computer, Zelda Twilight Princess, internet, and a brain. (sorry its all clunky, I didnt research enough to find out what you have to do, but thats pretty much the gist of it)
But beware, you are able to brick your system, i think everytime you start the homebrew channel theres also a chance to brick, though the chance are like 1/100000. I dont know if Nintendo is going to block the Homebrew channel soon or not.

yeah Im not that keen on playing DVDs on it, I have a computer that plays dvds, plus I have a dvd player lol. It wouldve just been nice if it could play dvds so I could get rid of my old apex POS dvd player.

yeah Im not that keen on playing DVDs on it, I have a computer that plays dvds, plus I have a dvd player lol. It wouldve just been nice if it could play dvds so I could get rid of my old apex POS dvd player.

eh... a dvd player is a dvd player. :p

eh... a dvd player is a dvd player. :p
Wrong. You get what you pay for. We have a crap, no-name DVD player that once it warms up, has a hell of a time reading DVDs and ends up skipping and stuttering.

pud -
Good to hear you got it sorted out and that your GF is enjoying the system. :D

Back
Top Bottom