Adobe problems

mayesey

Solid State Member
Hi, i was hoping some of you may be able to help as the Adobe support seem to be a bit of a joke. I recently got a copy of there Design Premium package through my university, once i installed it half of the programs wouldnt open. They would show up in processes but not applications.. I wouldnt get any errors or anything, they just simply werent there...

After some research i discovered that a lot of the times the install doesnt work unless all adobe products are completely uninstalled and removed from the computer. So ive been using this tutorial http://www.pixel2life.com/publish/tu...eir_solutions/ to remove it completely from my hard drive. However ive come a bit stuck where im supposed to start using the CMD box. I use the rmdir /s command and it says the folder doesnt exist, whereas i know it does because i right clicked on the folder path and pasted it into the box. And with the takeown command i dont understand what filename im supposed to put in?

I hope that makes some sense, any help with any of it would be really appreciated. Im using vista 64 bit if thats relevant?

Tom

Its the CS3 version that im using... But ive also used the CS3cleanscript and im still left with the files he mentions in his. In the CMD box it says 'the system cannot find the file specified'. Ive also tried just selecting the files and deleting but it says 'you need permission to perform this action'. Ive turned off User Account Control and im the administrator so i dont see why i cant do it?

Have you tried reinstalling CS3, then uninstalling and running the CS3Clean Script? Be sure to use Level 2 when running the script. That will ensure it gets all the leftover crud.

Do you have the Microsoft Windows Installer CleanUp Utility as needed by the CS3Clean Script? It can be found here: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/290301

Yeah ive tried reinstalling it and removing it twice but i keep getting stuck at the same point. I used level 1 and 2 and then also used levels 3 and 4 which are hidden but are supposed to thoroughly clean the system. Ive got the windows cleanup utility as well.

I havnt tried a registry cleaner yet, im going to try and find another solution first. Ive had big problems with them in the past, me and them dont get on.

Back
Top Bottom