nintendo Wii....help

pud

In Runtime
My gf finally talked me into getting her a Wii so she can have Wii fit. I just bought it today, used from a local new/used type gaming store and he said it worked fine. He has a 30 day warranty so I will be calling him if hes open tomorrow, if not will have to wait till next saturday.
My problem is this, we rented 4 games, borrowed 2 from a friend and bought an unused used Wii fit off a friend. ALL of these games will randomly get this error:
"An error has occurred please press the eject button and remove the disk. turn the wii console off and refer to the manual"

Im searching it up right now but havent found any real leads to what the problem is. The Wii fit game is 110% perfect, no scratches or blemishes on the disc.
So if anyone here has any knowledge of this problem Id appreciate it.

It sounded like an disc read error. So it could either be the disc, or the drive itself. Since it happens to all the discs, I would assume its the drive thats faulty.
I had the same error once on one of my games on my Wii, but it never happened again.

I would return that Wii if I was you. Word of Advice, NEVER buy an used console. Even if they say they give you 30 days. Most stores gives you 30 Days already when you buy new, and it includes the manufacturers warranty which is usually 1 year or more. When you buy used, dont expect to get the manufacturers warranty, as most would void it.
Dont skimp out on money when getting a console. Its best to get it from a store brand spankin new.

I would think since you've put in an unblemished disc and still got an error that is the drive which is faulty.

Teny is right. Don't go near used games consoles if possible. It's rarely worth the skimp.

As Teny said. Read disc error...I think it has something to do with the Wii you bought. I haven't had any problems with my Wii and I've had it for 1 1/2 years, I think your Wii may have an error reading disc's inside it or maybe a hardware error...take it back and get a different Wii.

yeah I will be getting ahold of the guy, he seemed alright so hopefully I wont have a problem with him.

cool hes open today, going to exchange me consoles for a newer one and throw in Wii Sports. Good deal, glad he's not a scab so I dont have to get ignorant with him lol.

I dont have to get ignorant with him lol.
I think you mean indignant.
moskingqa5.gif

When you buy a used console you always have to be extra careful. A lot of those shops like Gamestop, EB Games etc just plug in the system and turn it on to see if it boots before they put it back on the shelf when someone sells it to them.

My general advice would be to just spend the extra money and buy a brand new one. Well...you got the Wii huh? Probably should take that as a warning from the gaming gods that you should buy a real gaming console. Not something that's technically from the last generation. :p

I think the Wii is a really good gaming system as long as you have friends to play with. From what I have seen, most Wii games are multiplayer. My friends and I always have the most fun on the Wii than any other systems.
But now I am out of high school, and found who my "true" friends are, I dont have much, so the Wii isnt that great of a system anymore.

Back
Top Bottom