Vista -> XP downgrade... BSOD error?

Once you have XP up and running, you'll need to grab the correct drivers that correspond to the hardware in your computer. You'll need the Audio, CD/DVD (card reader), Input Device Drivers, Network, SATA Drives, and Video drivers.

Once you have XP up and running, you'll need to grab the correct drivers that correspond to the hardware in your computer. You'll need the Audio, CD/DVD (card reader), Input Device Drivers, Network, SATA Drives, and Video drivers.

I dont think you understand, I cannot get XP up and running. I get the BSOD error I mentioned before anything happens. After it loads up everything and says starting up...

EDIT: do i not need to do this slipstream thing?

I'm thinking you'll need the Samsung - Hardware drivers listed under the SATA Drives heading. They have instructions on how to use them.

Some of the newer laptops have compatibility issues with XP. The companies just didn't put out or make any drivers for XP. That's why downgrading can be a bit iffy.

I'm thinking you'll need the Samsung - Hardware drivers listed under the SATA Drives heading. They have instructions on how to use them.

I cant find them :/

Some of the newer laptops have compatibility issues with XP. The companies just didn't put out or make any drivers for XP. That's why downgrading can be a bit iffy.

It isnt a laptop

it just gives an iso and an exe, the exe does nothing when executed however, and when burning the iso to a bootable disk, nothing happens

my HDD is a serial ATA

do i slipstream the windows xp prof cd, with the Samsung SATA driver?
i dont see any .itf files though, just an iso and inside the iso is two .BIN files:

BOOTCAT.BIN
and
BOOTIMG.BIN

this is very frustrting please help.

Back
Top Bottom