Is this a harddrive issue?

Wow way to be nice and supportive. I will say it one last time. I had the EXACT same problem and it was my HDD. I don't want him to rule it out only to find that is the problem.

If his hard drive was broken and he took it out ...his pc would boot to BIOS as normal. It hasn't so there remains another issue. Think about it before posting again.

Wow way to be nice and supportive. I will say it one last time. I had the EXACT same problem and it was my HDD. I don't want him to rule it out only to find that is the problem.

There is no exact same problem in the real world only in the hypothetical. Anyway, they have ruled the HD out as it doesn't function still even without it.

I hope this helps, and the topic will soon return to helping.

~Kyle

Yes, lets get back on topic. OP, try another PSU if you have one available, at worse that will rule out the PSU.

You honestly are pissing me off. Why can't you ever admit you are wrong? Are you one of those kinds of people? In every thread I see you posting in, you try and argue your point even when it's blatantly obvious you are WRONG. You are going to cause more harm then good here on the forum. I mean, what if the OP went and bought a new HDD and still had the exact same problem! Then what, he's out $100 and you feel even dumber. We have RULED OUT THE HDD in this case. Obviously, your case with your hard drive was NOT exactly the same, otherwise his computer would've posted and he would've been able to access BIOS, but he cannot.

Moving on, as others mentioned above, it seems like to be a PSU or MB issue if you have reseated the RAM and that didn't help. So you have 2 options. Borrow someone else's PSU to test (or if you or your brother has one lying around you can try), or you can buy a PSU tester (which are like 10 to 20 bucks, but I'd try and go the free way first). But, as AR suggested a while back, check your RAM first. If you need help reseating it, let us know and we'd be happy to walk you through it. It's very simple--really, it is!

he's already done that. Personally my money is on the Mobo

My bad--that's kinda why I noted "if you haven't already". I was too caught up in the mess of posts arguing with jarlmaster.

I would say MB too, but I'd find a PSU to test first before going out to buy a new one!...why spend useless money. Or, to rule out the PSU, you could find another MB to test those parts in. Hmm. Guess we'll have to wait for an update from the OP.

Back
Top Bottom