Temperature?

You could get an aftermarket fan cooler if you wanted which would be smart. That seems hot considering all the fans you have already.

You won't need an aftermarket heatsink since you are not and have not overclocked the CPU which means that the stock heatsink will be sufficient for your processor. What type of things were you running before you checked the temps and how long were you doing them for. If you were playing CPU extensive games for a while prior to running temps than that may be causing the temps to go up. Try taking the temps after the computer being Idle for a while so it gives the CPU some time to cool off.

Also what program are you using to get your temps because it may have the wrong TJMaxx for your CPU which would cause it to give a false reading?

Tried downloading the speed fan and once i got it downloaded and clicked on run as admin (i have vista 64 bit) it would freeze everytime. Will google for some others and see if I can find any.

You won't need an aftermarket heatsink since you are not and have not overclocked the CPU which means that the stock heatsink will be sufficient for your processor. What type of things were you running before you checked the temps and how long were you doing them for. If you were playing CPU extensive games for a while prior to running temps than that may be causing the temps to go up. Try taking the temps after the computer being Idle for a while so it gives the CPU some time to cool off.

Also what program are you using to get your temps because it may have the wrong TJMaxx for your CPU which would cause it to give a false reading?

I just went into the BIOS (I think thats what its called) and checked the temperature from there. I had a game loaded for maybe 30 minutes then I had to use the internet quite a bit. I will take the temperature again tomorrow after the CPU has been off for a few hours

Try using one of these programs and see what they give you for temps. They will give you a pretty Accurate temp at idle. Sometimes Bios reads a little higher than it really is.

Just Click on the name of the program below for a link to the download.:D:D

Everest

HWMonitor

CoreTemps

Try using one of these programs and see what they give you for temps. They will give you a pretty Accurate temp at idle. Sometimes Bios reads a little higher than it really is.

Just Click on the name of the program below for a link to the download.:D:D

Everest

HWMonitor

CoreTemps

Ok after leaving computer off for a bit it says on my core reading from the CoreTemp program linked above:

Tj. Max 105*C
Core #0 43*C 3% load
Core#1 43*C 0% load

What do those readings mean among the CPU and mobo? And are those temps good for that load %?

Those temps are right in the ballpark for an Intel Core 2 Duo. Intel's do run hot.

jarlmaster is correct about TjMax. It stands for Junction Temperature Max. It is the point at which the CPU reaches it's highest allowed operating temperature.

Those temps are right in the ballpark for an Intel Core 2 Duo. Intel's do run hot.

jarlmaster is correct about TjMax. It stands for Junction Temperature Max. It is the point at which the CPU reaches it's highest allowed operating temperature.

Wow, that has to be a hypothetical/theoretical number right? Not practical. I mean how can a cpu function at boiling water lol temperatures

Real Temp. Best one I've found that's out there. SpeedFan has always been off on my computer and it tends to be that way on others. Good to work with the fans though--just not temps.

Also, if you do use Real Temp, I believe you need to set your TJ Max to 100.

Cool thank you all for your help! As long as they are normal temperatures I'm fine with that!

Back
Top Bottom