Computer problems..(Internet)

SuckAtTech

Beta member
Okay, so a couple weeks ago my computer totally died on me. I'm connected to my internet but Internet explorer doesn't work. However, Safari works just fine. Well, except for the fact that every time I try to download something, it freezes. I don't like using Safari so I downloaded other browser types like Opera. Opera doesn't work either. Just now, my aim stopped working and so did msn. Control panel doesn't load either. I have these online games on my computer from a very long time ago like counter-strike and warcraft. I try to go on steam and it says that it won't connect to the network. I restored my computer last night and nothing changed. I've been trying to open Internet explorer the past hour and it hasn't even popped up. I'm using a vista and this is very frustrating. I don't usually go on the computer that much but I haven't updated my ipod in so long and it's just, UGH and now I can't even go on aim.. I deleted all my plug-ins for internet explorer, I tried turning my firewall on and off but that didn't work. Also, This all started happening RIGHT AFTER my internet was fixed by some guy. Everyone else's internet works fine so I think it's just my computer. I've been searching online for a solution for the past 2 weeks and this is my first time using a forum so you can tell I'm pretty desperate. I've pretty much tried everything that has been recommended online. Please help.

My internet connection is fine actually. My cousin is connected to it on his computer and everything on his computer works fine. I think the problem is my computer, not the internet.

Hopefully I am understanding you correctly, you may want to check those settings on your computer (the one that has internet issues). Also check your network card to see if that is working. This is being suggested since you said when you are on this computer that either programs are running slow or freezing or not even getting out to the internet/ servers.

I checked my settings and my internet card is working fine. I don't get how Safari works but nothing else does. I restarted my computer 2 times and Aim works now.

Back
Top Bottom